Possible to include Stationnary Ships in actors.static ?

I would know if it's posibe or not to include some stationnary objects in actors.static.

I tried to do it with some ships, to bring more life, by pasting NStationnary section into inNStationary.txt ...but it seems there is a misinterpretation by Act tool

Look at these 2 pictures :

in mis file
[Image: FMB1.jpg]

reloaded with new actors.static
[Image: FMB2.jpg]

It is like Stationnary Ships became Runway Ground object ??????

Has somebody succeeded to include stationnary objects in a newly created actors.static :?: :?: :?:

I don't think anyone has tried....

Most people only want permanent structures like buildings placed upon a map with the actors static tool...moveable objects can be added by the mission builder

fabianfred Wrote:...moveable objects can be added by the mission builder

Yes of course but there is an harbour just north of Momote airfield and I wanted to add life to it by using some ships, even wreck ships like those of the beautiful ShipPack... even after Allied invasion, Japanese wreck ships are still there !

I was bored of those empty harbours in every map. It is the same for airplanes. I think it would be better to be able to populate airfields with some stationnary planes...

The special map tools FMb is for making maps....not populating them with moveable objects....that is for the user to do...

of course you can dowhat you like for your own consumption....but others will not want those things on the map....if you decide to share it

delvpier Wrote:It is the same for airplanes. I think it would be better to be able to populate airfields with some stationnary planes...

But what if you wanted to use the same map for different time frames when certain aircraft weren't available? It rather limits the usefulness of the map Smile

You could make a template of the finished map I think, then use that. There are a lot of template examples at M4T site, I used 2 different ones in some campaign I did, both were finished templates.

Yeah...I wouldn't recommend using Stationary Ships, as they can be a resource hog, especially to those who don't want the ships there. Except for cargo ships, it would be hard to make your map 'universal' for all timeframes.

One of the outputs I got showed airplanes and tanks however, so they MAY be available to import. But no guarantees. You'll have to fiddle with an outside editor. :?

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyway... it is impossible to have stationnary ships in actors.static

I've read again readme file of Act tool with high attention and it says clearly :

"In these file (out/inNStationary.txt) vehicles.planes.Plane$BI_1 is used to indicate takeoff points"

I didn' understand that way before...

:oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry, I was wrong... closed subject !