DCG Malta Campaign

First of all I would like to thank Dixiecapt and Gaston. Dixiecapt has worked on the actors.static and updated and added airfields to malta in addition to adding trees and buildings. He has populated cities and airfields using period photos and his work is outstanding. Also, Gaston has added some Italian squadrons for me, which basically made playing for Italy possible. So without either of these two gents, the campaign would have taken longer and not been as good Big Grin

Phase 1: Malta 1940

Playbe by both Italy and RAF. Planes for RAF include Gladiator MkI and Gladiator MkII. Italian planes include Cr.42, G.50, MC_200_serries 1, DB-3M (skin provided).

Here is download link:

(The link is inoperative) DCG_Malta_Release_1.rar

If there are any problems, please PM me or post here in this thread. I would also like comments and any feedback (possotive or negative) on the campaign as well. Enjoy Big Grin

Been looking forward to this, Thank You VERY much Smile

Thanks a lot m8!!!
Just downloading now and flying soon! :wink:

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:...I would also like comments and any feedback (possotive or negative)
Oh oh that's an open door :mrgreen:

Hey Scharnhorst really great effort from all involved, I've been flying on the Malta map exclusively since it came out and I've been into Paul Lowgren's DCG since it kicked off in the CFS2 days Confusedhock: So thanks for this campaign.

I've been enjoying the Malta map so much it prompted me to dig out and re-read "Malta Spitfire" by George Beurling & Leslie Roberts, highly recommended :!:

I have only just downloaded the package and started through the readme and felt the urge to rectify a mistake straight off...

From your readme;
Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:This is a historical campaign for Malta in the summer of 1940. It is playable for both English and Italian sides.
The mistaken idea that England was one of the countries that prosecuted the 2nd World War is a common one, but most certainly a mistaken one as England ceased to prosecute wars the moment it signed the treaty of "The Union" with Scotland just over 300 years ago.

As you are from the USA lets just illuminate this by saying that on the 4th of July you guy's celebrate beating the British in the war of independence not the English. 1776 was 69-70 years after the signing of "The Union" between Scotland & England.

By the time air fighting happened over Malta the RAF was not just British (Scottish, English, Welsh & Northern Irish), or even Commonwealth (India, Canada, United Kingdom of Great Britain & Northern Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia), (their 1st ace of WW2, Edgar Kain a New Zealander) but a truly international force including not just a huge percentage of Polish pilots but even the odd American here and there, like Malta for example.

By any measure the RAF was most certainly not just English. During the 2nd World War it could accurately be described as, British, Commonwealth or Allied.

Lest we forget :wink:

Thank you for your reply Willy, I will be sure to update the readme for Phase 2 of the release. :wink:

Our Willy is a Scot ..... nae doot ! :wink:

From the readme:

2) Put all the files in the DGen folder into C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/DGen.

What that should heve said is copy/paste the contents into the corresponding Dgen files. Not overwrite them.
Have to reinstall my Dgen from backups now... Cry

I just installed malta campaign. Everything went well. I have 1 problem tho. I did choose lowest rank and Hurricane 1. First mission. My Hurricane exploded immediatelly. Somebody crashed to me. I did create new mission. Same thing. Are the planes too close together in runaway or should i just choose highest rank to avoid collisions? When i use airstarts AI planes collides. Is it just me or is this a bug?
Anyways. This is great news. We CAN put new maps to DCG. And THX for you hard work MR Shan... Skan .. Well mR HORST :wink:

Bee Wrote:From the readme:

2) Put all the files in the DGen folder into C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/DGen.

What that should heve said is copy/paste the contents into the corresponding Dgen files. Not overwrite them.
Have to reinstall my Dgen from backups now... Cry

I'm really sorry Bee. Confusedhock: ... :oops: I will make sure to update this.

EDIT - Actually, there should be no files overwritten ... I made sure to label the campaign & planes files so that no stock campaigns would be overwritten. They should all be new files ... unless you replaced your entire DGen folder with my Dgen folder ... that would be really bad ...

kapteeni Wrote:I just installed malta campaign. Everything went well. I have 1 problem tho. I did choose lowest rank and Hurricane 1. First mission. My Hurricane exploded immediatelly. Somebody crashed to me. I did create new mission. Same thing. Are the planes too close together in runaway or should i just choose highest rank to avoid collisions? When i use airstarts AI planes collides. Is it just me or is this a bug?
Anyways. This is great news. We CAN put new maps to DCG. And THX for you hard work MR Shan... Skan .. Well mR HORST :wink:

You must have edited the files, because in my release only the Gladiator is flyable for RAF ...

As for this exploding thing ... I honestly don't know. I did not have that problem on my computer. Can you tell me which airfield you start at? If your RAF flight is spawning on an Italian airfield, then the AAA is shooting your plane on the runway. Or if you have an axis flight spawning at your runway, they may be taking off and hitting you.

As a rule of thumb, it is usually best to just select the highest rank for DCG / DGen. The AI is totally RETARDED. I only get enjoyment out of missions if I am controling the flight. Otherwise I just get pissed at the AI behavior ...

Start a campaign and tell me which squadrons are at which airfields. I think that is the key to your problem.

Don't worry Scharnhorst, I had a backed up copy of my dgen on a disc that I was able retrieve the original files from. Had to go hunting for it though. But while I was looking, I actually found the charger for my camera (been looking for the @#&%*&^ thing for ages!) so it's all good Big Grin

I compared the files though and the originals contained the info for the GB Burma campaigns.
Might be different from one user to another.

Works great!

Headed out to Malta for a bit of a Captain Cook.

[Image: grab0000-6.jpg]

Had a scuffle with a few of the local toughs. One tried to follow me home too.
Sad to say, shots were exchanged.

[Image: grab0002-5.jpg]

Eventually we used up what bullets we had and in the end, agreed to disagree. Both of us made it home, albeit in a fairly sorry state.

Bee Wrote:Works great!

Headed out to Malta for a bit of a Captain Cook.

[Image: grab0000-6.jpg]

Had a scuffle with a few of the local toughs. One tried to follow me home too.
Sad to say, shots were exchanged.

[Image: grab0002-5.jpg]

Eventually we used up what bullets we had and in the end, agreed to disagree. Both of us made it home, albeit in a fairly sorry state.

At least you made it home! Now you can have the experience again :wink:

Scharnhorst1943 Wrote:Thank you for your reply Willy, I will be sure to update the readme for Phase 2 of the release. :wink:
No worries mate, I figured you'd like to get basic stuff like that right after going to so much effort, all the best with the rest Big Grin

fabianfred Wrote:Our Willy is a Scot ..... nae doot ! :wink:
Oor Wullie was a Scot, no doubt about that...if that's what you meant :?

Otherwise your just having a go at my nationality :| In any case I can't see what either have to do with my initial post :?:

Maybe we should just forget about the war of independence as well and make a Pearl harbour DCG campaign where you can fly for the English or Japanese forces :roll:

I I've dl the pack for malta DCG but reading some files have to be put into "C://Program Files/Ubisoft/IL2 1946/dcg336/data" but I've never had a dcg336 folder may be anyone tell me what is this? :?