DCG Malta Campaign

Ciao Falco.
I had the same problem so i thought it was the "dynamic Com.Gen 3.37" folder...and it is!!
I put those files there...and it works perfectly.
:wink:

HFAlex Wrote:Ciao Falco.
I had the same problem so i thought it was the "dynamic Com.Gen 3.37" folder...and it is!!

Yea, sorry fellas. It depends on what version you are using. If you are using an older version, it could be dcg335, dcg336, dcg337 ...

I think 7 is the latest. I myself have been using 3.36. I did not know there was a new release Confusedhock: . But don't worry, this campaign is compatible with both.

Ciao, unfortunately I've not EVEN this kind of folder.. may be I'm a "poor" Dgen owner.. :oops:

Put them in any DCGEN folder,.... it should work!
Of course you must have DCGEN installed, first. :?

falco Wrote:

Ciao, unfortunately I've not EVEN this kind of folder.. may be I'm a "poor" Dgen owner.. :oops:

Have you downloaded DCG? If not go to this website and download DCG (Dynamic Campaign Generator)

You have to realize there are two offline-campaign engines.

1) DGen - stock campaign Generator

2) DCG - replaces stock campaign generator. It is a 3rd party program. My campaign is for DCG.

You can get DCG here:

http://www.lowengrin.com/download.php?view.123

Download, install and run DCG. If you have trouble setting it up PM me, I can tell you what to do.

HFAlex Wrote:Put them in any DCGEN folder,.... it should work!
Of course you must have DCGEN installed, first. :?

Not necessarily ... if the files are not put in the correct place, the campaign will not generate.

Also everyone please note in the readme I state that you add the contents of my files to files already existing. Don't over write the current files with my files!!!!! Add to, save and close.

Willy Wrote:
fabianfred Wrote:Our Willy is a Scot ..... nae doot ! :wink:
Oor Wullie was a Scot, no doubt about that...if that's what you meant :?

not intending to 'have a go'.....I am english...and like the scots.....in fact both my parents were half scots...just seeing you write about the common mistake americans make about the british

anyway...I cannot seem to get this one working....all I get is a stupid 'beep' sound when trying to start the campaign....I put everything in the right place....I'm not very familiar with the DCG though Cry

fabianfred Wrote:anyway...I cannot seem to get this one working....all I get is a stupid 'beep' sound when trying to start the campaign....I put everything in the right place....I'm not very familiar with the DCG though Cry

If you are getting a beep that means something is not right.

First of all, what version of DCG are you using?

Secondly, do you have any other 3rd party campaigns installed?

Thirdly, have you made any of your own maps or made any of your own modifications?

Fourthly, can you start other DCG campaigns? Is my Malta one the only problem one?

fabianfred Wrote:not intending to 'have a go'.....I am english...and like the scots.....in fact both my parents were half scots...just seeing you write about the common mistake americans make about the british
Fred if I didn't have some kind of sense of humour I'd be getting a little bit tired of your continued nationalistic assumption's initially directed at me and now attempting to rope me in...not cool.

For the record;

1. At no point did I assume that American people make mistakes about the British or write such a thing. I suggest you go back and re-read my post without adding your between the lines nationalistic and rather unpleasant assumptions!

I simply said it was a common mistake, In no way did I suggest this was a common mistake only for American people.

I chose 1776 as to illuminate my point quite simply as it is local to Scharnhorst1943, not to have a go at him! I'm also confident he understood that.

2. For your info I also happen to be Australian not that it has anything to do with this point.

Assumption can be very silly! There you go mate a little bit of Aussie humour to chill out with :mrgreen:

@ everyone, I apologise for the Off Topic, but I have no intention to be misread like this and let it go.

Willy,

Firstly I apologise if I am over stepping the mark here, but I think that fabianfred's post was meant more as a jovial, throw away comment rather than a pointed nationalistic crack.

I agree with you 110 percent about the commonwealth effort and what it meant to the British Isles during the conflict of WWII.

I am proud to be a child of the union that is the British commonwealth that stood against a common foe during a time of desperation and need. I also have enough faith left in humanity to believe that all our commonwealth comrades have a similar belief, should they not, then I pity their memories, as they will have forgotten the greatest and most profound honour of a coming together as brothers to overcome an inconceivably vicious threat that very nearly destroyed the world we know and love.

I salute them all!

CS. Smile

CrazySchmidt Wrote:Willy,

Firstly I apologise if I am over stepping the mark here, but I think that fabianfred's post was meant more as a jovial, throw away comment rather than a pointed nationalistic crack.
Your poschibly right Schmitty old boy, I schuppose I just want to be schure or schertain :twisted:
CrazySchmidt Wrote:I agree with you 110 percent about the commonwealth effort and what it meant to the British Isles during the conflict of WWII.
Quite, and with hindsight I forgot to include those from Denmark, Czechoslovakia, France, Norway, Holland, Belgium and I'm sure to still have missed some for which I apologise. A full and accurate listing of all the nationalities that served with the RAF during WW2 would be a long and good thing to have.

ok .... is everything cool now ? If not please continue via PM

can we get back on topic .... ?

regards,
Z

For those having trouble getting started with DCG, i'd recommend taking a look at Scharnhorst's great mini-tutorial in the Map Mod WIP thread "DCG, An Idiot's guide" (sorry but I don't know how to paste the link). Some other lessons I found during the install...

The readme instruction assume that you have DCG installed in your 1946 folder (that may not be the case; it wasn't for me).

For some reason, the Gladiator was not recognized as "flyable" in my DCG settings. i knew how to change it thanks to the Scharnhorst mini-guide.

Stick with this; it is worth it! Just cruising Malta at low altitude is a kick. Now if I can just nail one of those pesky CR 50s.

Well I managed to get it to generate the campaign.......the DCG error log file said that I was trying to fly a german plane in a russian campaign (gladiator1)

I went to my air.ini and changed the glad1+2 to (1) (allied)

started and it put me in a Hurricane...in fact all the allied planes were Hurricanes....no sign of any Gladiators....????

so I came here...without actually starting the mission

... here works just fine

.....please gents check for eventual conflict :Gaston nations/squads mod ( included in this pack) with some other mod ---- i'm just guessing here !

having a blast with this from day one ..... many thanks Big Grin

cheers
Z