Chromakey mod

Does anybody knows about mod, working as chromakey feature?
I'm talking about modification to make-up all-around-the-Il2-word into solid green or solid blue layer, which can be easily removed in any video processing program.
This will greatly helps to ALL flight sim machinima fans.
As you know, il2 ground objects mostly looks ugly, and thus greatyl reduced clip reslism. The first idea to avoid this, is a combining il-2 planes with ground footage from another games(or even self made video). But at this time, task to separate il-2 plane(or cockpit) from footage is not very easy. It mixed from mask, cromakey and even rotoskoping, and seems to be too complex, especially for beginners.
So, can anybody helps to create mod, based on small flat network map, textured with bue/green solid color?
The next step is making sky solid. Is it possible. Yeah, we can turn off any clouds, but scy pictue is not plain. It has a white patches and white region at the horrison. It aso can be removed with combination of chromakey filters, but plane itsels loosing border parts bue color transitions.
Well, if this mod will be created, all guys from Hollywood(as they muty-billion budgets too) will be part of the past. Smile (joke, just a joke)

Giving this some thought after posts here and at Ubi movie forum ( Confusedhock: Yes!)

I think if , rather than a flat map , make a "bowl" with the edges rising steeply at the borders.

Already tried some stuff with Chroma skins in cloud mod. not sure how to change sky colour - unless I can remember what I did wrong in my only (failed) map making exercise.

Quote:il2 ground objects mostly looks ugly

Hey ! easy up , have you looked here lately?

Fisneaky Wrote:Giving this some thought after posts here and at Ubi movie forum ( Confusedhock: Yes!)

I think if , rather than a flat map , make a "bowl" with the edges rising steeply at the borders.

Already tried some stuff with Chroma skins in cloud mod. not sure how to change sky colour - unless I can remember what I did wrong in my only (failed) map making exercise.
Hmm, why do you think we need a "bowl"? To exlude any sky from camera view?
Thirst my idea was to extract .mat file and relink int to another solid texture. Flat map is suitable, because it have not any rivers, hills or ravines, which could make difference in to "flat" map.
Sky seems to be more complex and that isnot good news. May be sky was made same type as a ground?? Maybe we have to just rewrite cloud texture link in load.ini corresponded with "flat" map?

Quote:Hey ! easy up , have you looked here lately?
You think, community convert all low-res ground objects into hi-res? May be. But will it be enough realistic for machinima? that,s is a question! :?
Sky at your user pic have a pretty nice color look Smile

DogEater Wrote:Sky at your user pic have a pretty nice color look Smile

HSL adjust in Vegas (convert loop to Gif)

Dogeater, you really need to spend some time looking around this site... there's been some dramatic improvements in 90% of the game, increasing quality and realism of items/objects/features/ground textures/sky textures/cloud textures/cloud levels/buildings/trains/cars/tanks. Pretty much everything.

If you're going to the trouble to basically replace everything BAR the aircraft, you might as well go the extra two yards and make a decent 3d model of a plane and use that.

Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNJ8rIEPLOo

RAF_Magpie Wrote:go the extra two yards and make a decent 3d model of a plane and use that.

Like this:

"Lightwave " I believe ?

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Dogeater, you really need to spend some time looking around this site... there's been some dramatic improvements in 90% of the game, increasing quality and realism of items/objects/features/ground textures/sky textures/cloud textures/cloud levels/buildings/trains/cars/tanks. Pretty much everything.
May be, may be. When i saw a new bf109 cockpits movie, first idea was "Is there unofficial SoW demo and where they can grab it???"
Who's can give me anough time to dig here? Sad

RAF_Magpie Wrote:If you're going to the trouble to basically replace everything BAR the aircraft, you might as well go the extra two yards and make a decent 3d model of a plane and use that.
I hear it sometime before. Actually i have not much time to do more then "make clean&& make dep&& make && make modules&& make instal&& makee modules_install" Smile

RAF_Magpie Wrote:Like this:
Big Grin Do you really think to grab Tochi's exellent models into il-2 game? Big Grin

Fisneaky Wrote:
DogEater Wrote:Sky at your user pic have a pretty nice color look Smile

HSL adjust in Vegas (convert loop to Gif)
Too complex for me, i'd prefer one pass at Vdub and get a nice 3 or 2 strip techincolor like colors Smile

I'm just tried to replace sky textures, and i need to know which class needed to writre into CloudShadows.mat, which can replace original shadows.