The English Channel WIP

How I wish I hadn't wrecked my IL-2 install. Sad
Canon, everything you've shown from the earliest till the most recent WIPs have been nothing short of amazing, I'm really looking forward to this aswell as a working IL-2 to run it on.

Please keep up the outstanding work, you awesomely good man-person you are.

Made lots of progress today. Added Merville, Evreux and Mardyck airfields. Couldn't resist taking a Ju-88 for a little flight from Merville, and thought you'd appreciate a few screenies. It was an excellent mission Smile

[Image: april1.jpg]

[Image: april2.jpg]

[Image: april3.jpg]

[Image: april4.jpg]

[Image: april5.jpg]

Joe

Marvelous!! It would seem that I am counting the minutes waiting for this. I am waiting patiently. Thanks for the update Joe.

Justin

Lovely!

S!

canonuk Wrote:Made lots of progress today. Added Merville, Evreux and Mardyck airfields. Couldn't resist taking a Ju-88 for a little flight from Merville, and thought you'd appreciate a few screenies. It was an excellent mission Smile

[Image: april1.jpg]

[Image: april2.jpg]

[Image: april3.jpg]

[Image: april4.jpg]

[Image: april5.jpg]

Joe

Hello,

When expected,that your work will be downloadable????

Best Regards,

Zsolt

Not yet, zsoltfireman...

I don't want to give a date, because then there's disappointment if that's not met. It's coming along nicely though - not too much more to do.

Joe

Great stuff.. waiting patiently! :mrgreen:

Fairly patiently :wink:

Quite patiently

...I've fallen in love with these BoB maps. After several years of flying almost exclusively in the PTO (and I'll be back there when the Slot arrives), I'm rediscovering the RAF in the ETO. I'm waiting real patiently for your maps so I can start Leaning Forward into France.

Well, sorta patiently. Big Grin

For me BOB has always been number ...well ..2 right after Finnish AF in ww2. When i was a kid back in late 60 and70Confused we had this comic called Siivet (Wings). It was full of stories about Battler Britton and BOB.... . My patience is fading away Smile.

I tell ya, it's great fun flying over the Channel Wink

Great stuff. Your really giving some individual character to each airfield.
Looks superb.

Thanks Smile

I'm really proud that every airfield I've done is faithfully accurate to proper plans and photographs, and that about 80% of buildings around the airfields are in the correct place and of the correct type.

I think it's definitely worth it!

Wink hehehe canon, less enjoying flying the channel, and more enjoying making the channel Wink

Good on ya mate, I cannot wait to see your fabulous masterpiece. Wink

I took the liberty to pull thru the pics from your Battle of Britain "online" map, so those new comers can see what you've already done and carried across Smile Hope you dont mind, figured this tiny little hand will save you from having to repaste these for those who arent as fortunate as the rest of us for having seen them before, or too lazy to search past the first page Wink Smile :mrgreen:

NOTE TO ALL WHO VIEW THESE,
these are from CannonUK's original BoB Online map, so most probably have changed - I highly recommend you read the thread pertaining to these here:

CannonUK's Original Battle of Britain Online Map, now canceled and folded into this bigger & better masterpiece
viewtopic.php?t=2368

[Image: cliffs_5.jpg]
[Image: cliffs_6.jpg]
[Image: caf_0.jpg]
[Image: caf_2.jpg]
[Image: caf_3.jpg]
[Image: caf_1.jpg]
[Image: calais1.jpg]
[Image: calais2.jpg]
[Image: calais3.jpg]
[Image: calais4.jpg]
[Image: calais5.jpg]