Poll: Choose Team Pacific's new project. - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rabaul w/Bougainville
26.09%
26.09%
Rabaul w/New Guinea
26.52%
26.52%
New Guinea
6.52%
6.52%
Leyte Gulf
19.57%
19.57%
Burma
10.00%
10.00%
Marshalls
3.91%
3.91%
Admiralty Islands
2.17%
2.17%
Others?
5.22%
5.22%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Choose Team Pacific's next project

Lancer_35thCAG Wrote:With regard to long flight times; there are many about that would like to see realism vs expediency. If the flight times are long, then they're long. A Slot, Rabaul, Coral Sea and New Guinea map would be primo... Big Grin

precisely.

this is a simulator after all

I'd switch from 13th to 5th air force now, with a bit of Rabaul... :wink:

re: flight times

the rabual map has about 20 airfields, but they're spread out. the philips have about 70-90 fields (long time to make, lots of research needed). We have the 8x function to speed up time but that will only help the single player pilots. the bomber guys have level stab and the fighters used to have it many patches back. Is it possible to mod the level stab into the fighters? that would help with the flight times.

co-ops and dogfight servers can suffer from long flight times if you and your mates are 50 mins into the sortie and your PC hiccups and everyone else continues on without you. Airstarts can also help lessen the transit. just some things to think about.

I'd like progressive maps. As the US advanced forward thru the islands during the war with map overlaps for good mission transitions.

So, I guess Bougainville Rabaul would be a good choice among those listed.

Truk atoll would be another good area, except the US attacks were Carrier based. The Truk atoll was heavily defended and spoken of as the Japanese Pearl Harbor.

There was plenty of fierce action, but again US strikes were Carrier based.

Truk is OK but it has no replayabiltiy. it was only a few days of action. that's the problem with the 1 island maps like wake, tarawa, midway, hawaii.

fly over rabaul must be great with all the airfields below you (lakunai, vunakanau...) and the volcanos of course :lol:

he must have a little smoke in its center Big Grin

if it has rabaul, lae, and salamua it'd be great. Would love to see it.

Truk and Marcus Island would be nice.

Could they be done reasonably quickly, without needing a dedicated project?

Just thought I'd make an OT suggestion.

There are going to be plenty of things missed in the slot, or things you pick up on that could use a tweak or two. In fact, there just maybe somethings you want to change altogether.

We all appreciate your zeal for a new project

What ever the map is, it will be great!

One suggestion though, if possible... a 1:1 scale? :wink: :lol: 8)

modman Wrote:What ever the map is, it will be great!

One suggestion though, if possible... a 1:1 scale? :wink: :lol: 8)

If flight times are issues, I would almost preferr a 1:2 scale for online or shorter flight times :roll:

Just my opinion. Maybe we could even get a map of the Slot in 1:2 scale for online ... ? (eventually that is) :wink:

1:1 all the way!!

Just do air start/end if you dotn want to fly Smile

Hi,

Rabaul w/Bougainville for the fact that Bougainville is done allready. then Rabaul new Guinea for Rabaul will have been maped thus this get a Rabaul map out the quickest.

yours stu

stu Wrote:Hi,

Rabaul w/Bougainville for the fact that Bougainville is done allready. then Rabaul new Guinea for Rabaul will have been maped thus this get a Rabaul map out the quickest.

yours stu

Smile Very Good Point. Smile

I vote for "Others?", in this case Luzon. But at the end of the day, it's Team Slot's choice Smile