OT: IL2 Goes to consoles. Look at the landscape

Stumbled to this at ZOO:
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19288
It is a 3 party production. Looks awesome. It is arcade but.... it's for Xbox !
What if the game engine is from BOB: SOW Confusedhock:

Wow, Looks very nice!! Graphics are sweet!

Looks like SOW to me nothing is IL2 here.. Looks good

GOZR Wrote:Looks like SOW to me nothing is IL2 here.. Looks good
Yes. Almost as good as Kt_Channel. Lol

hm i think its a il2 mod with things from sow engine.

IA still gets stuck in Lag pursuit when attacking and missing....
Well its an arcade anyway, so I gess its the way they want it, no fun diying in the first pass right?

Still, nicelly done, and maybe those arcade pilots may one day evolve into hardcore sim pilots...

ubizoo comment :

Quote:I suspect it's a fake made with the hacked version of IL2 on a new map. The author should be quite worried about using the 1c logo. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: sorry thats from the other ubizoo, the 1c tiergarten

vpmedia Wrote:ubizoo comment :

Quote:I suspect it's a fake made with the hacked version of IL2 on a new map. The author should be quite worried about using the 1c logo. I could be wrong but that's what it looks like to me.

Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

edit: sorry thats from the other ubizoo, the 1c tiergarten

lollalol

Prodigy Wrote:hm i think its a il2 mod with things from sow engine.

Looks like the planes from il2 are in a SoW environment, (landscape, lighting) with volumetric smoke-fire effects.
The vid had an arcadish feeling with a bit mixed up plane types...

The continuing word on that thread is that it has no relation to the bob engine whatsoever.

The engine was built for the console and the graphics have nothing to do with either the IL2 or the BOB engines. A third party developed it for console use and it should be out in 09. But again..it is in no way related to bob.

Looks beautiful though doesn't it.

Arrow Expect to see mass suicides on other forums when Bob turnes out to be a console only game for the ages of 5 to 10 year olds :OO

eliot Wrote:Arrow Expect to see mass suicides on other forums when Bob turnes out to be a console only game for the ages of 5 to 10 year olds :OO
I,m 40+ and still playing Nintendo DS :oops:
But what comes to flying simulators i'm all PC.
My 2 cents for releasing day for BOB:SOW is 2Q 2009. Then we can make masterpieces with SOWConfused maptools. We been practising...
Kapteeni

Looks like Oleg and 1C, the Russian publishers, are producing an arcade console version of BoB:SOW. I imagine they needed to do this to finance the long development cycle of BoB. I don't think this will effect the development of the simulator version.

Press release:

The second title brings 1C's best selling game of all time, IL2-Sturmovik, to a new audience with all new graphics, missions, physics and planes. IL-2: Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (developed by Gaijin Entertainment for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, by DiP Interactive for Nintendo DS and by Beatshapers for PSP) includes large-scale aerial combat and ground based military operations from World War II. Players will participate in some of the war's most famous battles piloting fighters, battle planes and heavy bombers across a range of thrilling missions. There are five areas of war to engage in - The Battle of Britain, Stalingrad, Berlin, Sicily and Korsun' representing the main airborne battles of World War II in Europe. As well as advanced environmental visuals enriching the game play, IL-2 also boasts an all new damage effects engine. Players can see real time damage to the aircraft such as holes in the wings and trail lines during dog fights. Hundreds of airplanes will take part in air battle in IL-2: Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and the unique environmental engine produces highly detailed, realistic landscapes that allows players to see breathtaking ground support actions. The difficulty levels will range from arcade to simulation.

Screen shots:
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=52753

The video is well worth watching:
http://www.worthdownloading.com/downloa ... 9&id=15226

Cool,that looks like it'd be pretty damm fun,although the "difficulty levels will range from arcade to simulation" seems a bit far fetched but then again who knows? and as baco said maybe it'll get more ppl interested in proper flight sims,which is prob the whole point.

would certainly look sweet on my new 50' plasma 8)

Quote:Expect to see mass suicides on other forums when Bob turnes out to be a console only game for the ages of 5 to 10 year olds

It sounds nuts, and impossible, but thats exactly what happened to Panzer Elite II - later "Panzer Elite Action" Ughhh.

Where's Stalkervision?...lol