(4.09)Burma.....WIP

I thought somebody was working upon a Burma map..... but out of interest...
what would be the preferred area?

Is the very Northern bit of Burma necessary...... and it would be nice to go east as far as Kunming I presume for the AVG missions

What do you think? ...the inner or outer map?...inner might be able to be done at 3:4 scale as my Thailand map, but the outer would probably need to be 1:2 scale as the OJ map.

[Image: burma2.jpg]

Inner, please. Smile

The Japanese carried out a number of bombing raids on Calcutta. There were Hurricane and Beaufighter squadrons based close to Calcutta to provide a defence.

Inner! , juste because it will be 3:4 Tongue... dont like 1:2 at all.

Bigger is better. If there is a problem with the dicect, did you try to feed it with more memory?

Inner mate :wink:

How big would the Inner portion be if it was 1:1 scale?

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

The inner map looks great to me! Big Grin I will be eagerly awaiting this one.

Well we have the very south on your Thialand, we have teh center in teh Stock burma map, so I guess Inner woud be the most usefull, specially if its in 3.4 sclae just as your Thailand. Then we can even have a campaign with all three maps.

This was just playing with the idea....I haven't tried making anything in Microdem yet...(maybe later today)
I was just guessing...because the Thailand map uses 93 of the N11E093hgt.zip type of files for combining in microdem

the OJ map also has 93 .....but there is more ocean and the land shoreline is very complicated and there are many islands....these cause the mapC to be big and is why I could only use 1:2 scale there

I have downloaded 164 of the hgt.zip files for the outer map area....but even the inner could be cropped a bit......

Maybe just getting Kunming in in the East

No need to duplicate much area which is already in the Thailand map

I presume the Oleg made Burma map is 1:1 scale?

I thought there was somebody already working on a Burma map?? But they haven't put themselves on the list of maps WIP yet?

Well .... I've been working on this all day....and surprised to find I was able to use 3:4 scale

[Image: bu.jpg]

Kunming just creeps in at the edge

Being the same scale as my Thailand map ....I shall be able to copy/paste certain areas which appear on both maps to save work (I presume I'll be able to anyway) .... certainly should with map_c and some rivers and lakes....and also may be able to with some roads/rail from map_T

Anyway...I'm supposed to be finishing Thailand first :roll:

Brilliant! Thanks for this FF, your efforts are very much appreciated. Big Grin

Have you thought about doing this map in stages?

Provided you start with a map_h which covers the entire area, and then crop out a section for your stage 1 map, you can complete the first section and get it issued.

Once the first stage is complete you can expand the map to pick up a larger area, using your master map_h to add the height data.

There's no need to start with the big map straight away.

fabian, great job! Wow!

Well ... it is a pretty big map.... map_C is 15104x19200 @75 = 1,132km x1,440km

but as I've done several now and know the best way to work and can borrow some stuff from the Thailand map, it shouldn't be too bad
also being 99% hills and jungle is easier

Wow! if you thought the Northern area of Thailand/Laos/Vietnam map was hilly....this thing has it beat..... Nearly all of this is hilly