FMB Problem

Sorry if this is the wrong section, the forum structure is still a little unclear to me.

I have been trying to sort out all of the mod files for the better part of the day. I've finally got everything working and installed, but now I've run into another snag with most of the custom maps, as well as a few of the updated stock maps.

Whenever I try to load one of these maps in the FMB, I simply see a blank screen which is either a varying shade of blue or black. I have tried several things, but I don't want to do much more in fear of screwing something up and having to reapply all the mods (again).

Does anyone have any suggestions or a possible solution to this problem?

can you please be more specific how you sorted out mod files?

Did you mess with folder structure ?

gameroot\mods\mapmods\maps\ ( mapmods folders ...._Tex folder ...all.ini)

gameroot\mods\mapmods\3do\airfield...

cheers
Z

I didn't sort out the folders at all, just used the installers.

I followed the mod installation guide to the letter.

EDIT: This is the mod installation guide for completely new installs by the way, not the map install guide. All I did for the maps was use the installer.

Also, I tried installing wrapper.dll after I had alread installed the maps, just to see if it would work. It didn't help.

Can I try deleting only my MAPMODS folder and only reinstalling any modded map files? And should I reinstall wrapper.dll before doing this?

Spartan10590 Wrote:I didn't sort out the folders at all, just used the installers.

I followed the mod installation guide to the letter.

EDIT: This is the mod installation guide for completely new installs by the way, not the map install guide. All I did for the maps was use the installer.

Also, I tried installing wrapper.dll after I had alread installed the maps, just to see if it would work. It didn't help.

Can I try deleting only my MAPMODS folder and only reinstalling any modded map files? And should I reinstall wrapper.dll before doing this?

..no need to reinstall wrapper or sound mod (or mod activator ) for reinstalling map mods

do try this :

1 rename your "MAPMODS" folder to "-MAPMODS"
... that way game won't load any file from it ( and you can have it as backup)

2 install just one AAA official map mod which you have problem with

... it will make new "MAPMODS" folder along with all.ini file

3 see if it works

BTW, could you please specify which game version you are using and which maps are giving you trouble ... also if you could quote error message (if any) from FMB status bar i...

cheers
Z

Are you running v4.09b1?

Maps like Bessarbaria won't work unless you run v4.09b1.

My two pence anyway. Hope it helps Big Grin

I updated from a base of 4.08m and did whatever this guide said to do:
- (The link is inoperative)

I will try what you said to do fly_zo. I'm at work right now though, so I'll check it as soon as I get home.

So it won't work and your running v4.09b1?

When you load Il-2 does the splash screen say loading v4.09b1?

Spartan10590 Wrote:I updated from a base of 4.08m and did whatever this guide said to do:
- (The link is inoperative)

I will try what you said to do fly_zo. I'm at work right now though, so I'll check it as soon as I get home.

you may want to consult vpmedia ... its his guide (pack) which i'm afraid i'm not using

cheers
Z

Yes, the splash screen says 4.09b1

I know for sure that 4.09b1 works without issue. The only problem I am having is with the maps.

Fly_zo, thanks I will do that as well.

I'll post again once I've tried your previous suggestion, I should be home in roughly an hour.

Ok guys, good news. I got everything working fine now. Thanks for the help.

I ended up reapplying all of the patches again by installing them one at a time and checking to make sure the game still ran ok after each new addition.

Thanks again guys.

glad you've sorted it up Big Grin

cheers
Z