Trees in the road

Since I updated the standard Smolensk map I have had some trees right in the middle of the dirt road on the "Armor" map selection.

Is there a-way that I can either move or delete these two lovely trees.

The map looks ver nice, but those trees are right in the way.

Random trees are not an obstacle because they can be driven through...

but the only way to get rid of them is to alter the texture with the MaptoolsFMB.... or choose Trees=2 in conf.ini

Hmmm...Trees.. (forest=3 to 2) did work, for that map, but it didn't work with another map which had a bunch of trees in the road.
I'm really not in the mood to spend 40-50 hours trying to learn how to change trees on a map..

I have enough problem just putting stuff on an existing map & making it work...lol..

I think I'll just ignore them... aaaaaahhhhh...What trees?...I don't see any trees...

PapaG39 Wrote:I think I'll just ignore them... aaaaaahhhhh...What trees?...I don't see any trees...

now that's the right attitude :wink:

I also applaud to decision not to remove trees ..... keep the Earth green !!!! ( Sting would be so proud :wink: )

cheers
Z

trees

i dont see any trees

in game or RL

but not going into that i do see trees

PapaG39 Wrote:Since I updated the standard Smolensk map I have had some trees right in the middle of the dirt road on the "Armor" map selection.

Is there a-way that I can either move or delete these two lovely trees.

The map looks ver nice, but those trees are right in the way.

As much as I love the new "Slot" map....
I got real annoyed when looking down and seeing trees in the rivers.
I was able to fix that by playing around with "Tiles" in FMB map edit mode.

This may also be a case of "random trees" that has always been a problem with IL-2.
Again, you use FMB map edit, but the fix is more difficult.
Give me the map co-ordinates of the offending area and I'll take a look.

hope this helps
bigchump

I was looking for your road tree and found this instead.
How about no road and a tree on the bridge?
[Image: oops.jpg]

Yeahyeah, I know you hate trees :wink:
If you want to understand why are there trees in the river on the Slot, you've got to understand how the maps work in il2, and what are the il2 map limitations, and why the Slot team LET those trees in the river...

lowfighter Wrote:Yeahyeah, I know you hate trees :wink:
If you want to understand why are there trees in the river on the Slot, you've got to understand how the maps work in il2, and what are the il2 map limitations, and why the Slot team LET those trees in the river...

Lowfighter, I LOVE that Slot map and I appreciate how much work went into it.
However, If I can get rid of the river trees by monkeying with the tiles, so can others.
I used a combination of tiles and a little cut-and-paste to fix it.
If you'd like a screenie I can post one.

Before: trees in the river
[Image: before.jpg]
After: trees gone
[Image: after.jpg]
It took longer to post these screenies than it did to remove the trees.
I could have taken it farther but for my purposes this fix was good enough.
I guess not knowing how IL2 maps work can be a blessing in disguise. :wink:

I don't mind trees in the rivers........
Trees like water.... in fact all vegetation likes water....and especially tropical trees and jungle...it swarms over everything..... and so most riversides are rich in vegetation....
the minimum width of a river in il2 with a 1:1 map means that the smallest stream must be 50 metres wide :roll:
so allowing forest (woods) to cover the riverbanks and leak into the river is the only way we can try to approximate realistic rivers...... and not forgetting that rivers have shallows too where trees and other vegetation will spring up

even in the UK roads are hidden by the tree canopy joining overhead and forming a tunnel

Hi Fabian!

What I'm working on is a way for "woods" not to leak into water - like "lowlands".
Re-painting "lowlands" to look like "woods" and re-naming does work (sort of).
The new "woods" doesn't mesh well with the old and some other tiles as well.
An easier and better fix would be to change the properties of "woods".
I suspect there is a C++ class called something like "tfNotWriteZ" that controls this.
Or, it may be as simple as a text file change.
And I could be completely or partially wrong about the whole thing.....
I'm going to keep plugging away at it.

Thanx for that great Slot map.
Keep up the good work
bigchump