what makes the pacific map in QMB load 'Desert' skins?

I'm using vpmeda's Skin mod and QMB+, with the idea of making a nice new template to fight in the Desert, And want to know if there is anyway of changing say, the Desert online map to load the Default skins i put into the desert folder in the skinmod.

At the moment, the only map that seems to access these skins is the pacific islands map.

What makes the pacific islands map access these, rather than the summer or winter ones?

Would be really nice to be able to set default desert skins, mainly so static planes would appear in there correct skins.

Any ideas???

cheers fruitbat

fruitbat Wrote:I'm using vpmeda's Skin mod and QMB+, with the idea of making a nice new template to fight in the Desert, And want to know if there is anyway of changing say, the Desert online map to load the Default skins i put into the desert folder in the skinmod.

At the moment, the only map that seems to access these skins is the pacific islands map.

What makes the pacific islands map access these, rather than the summer or winter ones?

Would be really nice to be able to set default desert skins, mainly so static planes would appear in there correct skins.

Any ideas???

cheers fruitbat

line in load.ini of each map determine which default skin will be loaded .

There are only three options : SUMMER , WINTER and DESERT .

Don't ask me why but game is using DESERT for pacific theater by default ( so USAAF planes have different skins for PTO and ETO ) .

So change line in both load.ini for pac.islands map (two versions) for camouflage from desert to summer and you'll be fine :

[WORLDPOS]
CAMOUFLAGE = DESERT >>>> SUMMER
MONTH=7
DECLIN = 10
PRESSURE = 745
TEMPERATURE = 25

regards
Z

Thanks fly_zo.

I knew there must be a way!

One question leads to another though! how do i get at the load.ini's for the stock maps? I know where they are for the maps i've added, but i've got no idea how to find the stock maps?

cheers fruitbat

fruitbat Wrote:Thanks fly_zo.

I knew there must be a way!

One question leads to another though! how do i get at the load.ini's for the stock maps? I know where they are for the maps i've added, but i've got no idea how to find the stock maps?

cheers fruitbat

you'll need sfs extractor to extract all map files from game ( fb_mapsxx.sfs)

get it from Tim's tools forum section and once you've installed it place this filelist.txt into installed directory :

http://rapidshare.com/files/98815518/filelist.rar.html

now load each of fb_mapsxx.sfs files (game root) into extractor and extract to one temp folder

so you'll have all map files respectfully organized and ready for modding :wink:

cheers
Z

Once again, thanks fly_zo! Big Grin

I've downloaded the extractor and found the files i want to change, and it works!!!!

Planes now flying in default desert skins in the desert now!! 8)

cheers fruitbat

glad everything is ok now Big Grin

cheers
Z