Is it possible to delete some objects from map using FMB

I'm finally one the way of making campaign using FMB but I've run into a problem that needs to be solved.

Is it possible to delete some trees using FMB such as the palm trees on the coast of the default Okinawa map? They are causing too much a drop in FPS and I'm not financially ready to trade off my PC, so I've decided to let those trees leave first, I don't want to turn to the "delete all" order which will also take away some buildings as well as harbour facilities

[quote="lt_eurofighter"]I'm finally one the way of making campaign using FMB but I've run into a problem that needs to be solved.

Is it possible to delete some trees using FMB such as the palm trees on the coast of the default Okinawa map? They are causing too much a drop in FPS and I'm not financially ready to trade off my PC, so I've decided to let those trees leave first, I don't want to turn to the "delete all" order which will also take away some buildings as well as harbour facilities

... ok here it is :

1 you need unlocked FMB tool ( see map tools download sticky)

2 if actors.static isn't too large for it you should be able to load it in FMB and delete or add anything you like

2a if actors_static is too big and you're getting memory error then you must cut actors_static file into smaller parts and then load one by one in unlocked FMB ( actors cutter also available in map mods tools) ... afterwards you need to merge them back to one ( ACT tool)

Download map tools and read readmes carefully ! ( make sure you have java installed in order for tools to work)

so it could be fairly easy or pretty complicated .... depends on map you're editing

regards
Z

fly_zo Wrote:... ok here it is :

1 you need unlocked FMB tool ( see map tools download sticky)

2 if actors.static isn't too large for it you should be able to load it in FMB and delete or add anything you like

2a if actors_static is too big and you're getting memory error then you must cut actors_static file into smaller parts and then load one by one in unlocked FMB ( actors cutter also available in map mods tools) ... afterwards you need to merge them back to one ( ACT tool)

Download map tools and read readmes carefully ! ( make sure you have java installed in order for tools to work)

so it could be fairly easy or pretty complicated .... depends on map you're editing

regards
Z

I have donloaded the map_FMB_tools.rar weighting 23KB and have gone through the redme, but I've run into a difficulty, I don't quite what it tells me to do by "4) Make a folder maps in your Il2 folder"
Do I have to creat a folder named as "maps" in the root folder of the game and put what files into this folder? sorry for my poor english

Yes, create a folder called maps in the il2 root folder. Then inside this maps folder create a folder called Okinawa. Don't place anything there. Open then your map Okinawa in FMB map mode. Do the changes and save. Exit FMB and game and look into the
il2root/maps/okinawa/ folder. There are NOW some files inside. If you deleted some trees then you'll find in that folder an actors.static file. That's the modified actors which will contain less trees. Copy the file and place it in
il2root/mods/mapmods/maps/okinawa (create this directory first)
Generally each time you exit FMB map mode and game, copy the files from
il2root/maps/okinawa/
and paste into
il2root/mods/mapmods/maps/okinawa
However it's good to learn too how to add maps or maps variants in your FMB menu, adding lines to all.ini etc.

lowfighter Wrote:Yes, create a folder called maps in the il2 root folder. Then inside this maps folder create a folder called Okinawa. Don't place anything there. Open then your map Okinawa in FMB map mode. Do the changes and save. Exit FMB and game and look into the
il2root/maps/okinawa/ folder. There are NOW some files inside. If you deleted some trees then you'll find in that folder an actors.static file. That's the modified actors which will contain less trees. Copy the file and place it in
il2root/mods/mapmods/maps/okinawa (create this directory first)
Generally each time you exit FMB map mode and game, copy the files from
il2root/maps/okinawa/
and paste into
il2root/mods/mapmods/maps/okinawa
However it's good to learn too how to add maps or maps variants in your FMB menu, adding lines to all.ini etc.

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much

How do you get the full mission builder in map edit mode?

lmp1z Wrote:How do you get the full mission builder in map edit mode?

There are THREE versions of the FMB

the basic one which came with il2

the FMB+ available here

The Maptools Fully unlocked FMB for map-builders which is available here in the tools for map-makers section