zip_Alpen_beta + update available!

Great new airports! Adapting map_t and map_h will be no task. I added a highway-airport between Muechen and Augsburg, itis realy only the ironed highway. It's not eays to use but i managed to start and land there with a ME 262 and i'm no good fighter pilot. To find the place for landing is just an other thing...

I tried to soften the reflections but failed. Made also a new map_f, but excellent mode still does not look so good and it seems that map_f is pure 2-D and can't handle the rivers in the hight so i had to abandon the transparency. Better use perfect mode ;-)

The swiss castles i found are great, but if have some difficuiltys to find all of them. I will mark some as sightseeing points. Many thanks to Lowfighter!

The castles are at Lausanne, Chillon, Martigny and Sion. Chillon is not marked on your map, but if you fly from Lausanne along the lake eastwards, you'll find it somewhere close to the lake end. The one at Martigny is a simple tower, hard to spot if you don't know it's there lol. Maybe in time I can get more, I think Gruyeres town spot is a very nice place to try represent...Maybe Rigi Kulm too, remember the adventures of Tartarin in the Alps, hehe.

Thanks zipzapp (and CanonUK) for the explanations about the limitations of the game engine.

I still LOVES the map 8) Maybe there could be a Mod within a Mod at some point: some mechanism within the Map framework that spoofs the lakes into thinking they are at 0 alt.? Just thinking- obviously you Gents know tons more than someone like I whose speciality doesn't include 3D modelling and the like.

I run at perfect mode and WATER=1 if that may make any difference.

Thanks for your replies and I look forward to the next gen of what is a great map

Big Grin

Cheers

Triad

I forgott to say: Wiener Neustadt is situated, even with industrial area ;-)

Triad: With water = 1 and perfect mode there is no problem with the water in the hight exept there are still some hunchbacked and sloped rivers. I hope to introduce a solution for that in a while. As i stated before with water = 2 or 3 there seems to be a special water surface layer that's always at high "0" (You can notice the stern wash of seaplanes deep below) and makes seaplanes to hover, produces crashes when flying very low and makes black stripes at the lakes banks at water in the hight. I don't notice much difference in the water between water =1 and water = 3, but nevertheless it would be nice if someone improves that layer.

Zipzapp , glad Wiener Neustadt is in.

Well, i have a problem with zip Alpen.No problem for downloading, unzipping and place the files in mapmods. Once in the game, if i will load the map (in the full mission builder) ;i click on zip alpen in the list and... nothing. And below, a message: can't fnd the map2D ib zip alpen. Where is the problem? :roll:

Great map ! Thanks
I can fly near my town : Besan

Laurel: Just rename the zip_Alpen_beta- folder (I assume that's the folders name you extracted to) to zip_Alpen (without the _beta), that should help.

Fernand: Seems they have aforrested that area or i have to adjust my "no trees here, it's to steep"- filter ;-) Vauban's castle listed.

:oops: yeaahhhh thanks !

Thank you zipzapp, good solution. It runs very good, now.

Very nice castle the one at Besancon Big Grin

By the way, zipzapp... are you correcting the "green" problem I told about in one of my previous posts ??

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Juste notice something, and sorry if it has been already noticed (and sorry for my english speaking too).

I've spent a lot of hours flying this wonderful map !

Look at this screen :

The screen shows a black line which dissapears with altitude. But it seems the plane is under the water at take off. And at landing i crashed because water seems to be at higher altitude than i think. My video card ?

Another things, is it possible to place the plane at take off nose toward the water and not nose toward the ground ? Because it's very difficult with JU52 for example to avoid the ground.

And finally, at repswaning the plane jump on the water and crash.

[Image: grab0000uz9.jpg]

this map is amazing but not for il2 engine ... :?

Fernand: You have to set water=1 in the render_DirectX or the render_openGL section (Don't know what you are using) of the games conf.ini. No stripes, no crashes and no other anormalys then. I noticed that in the readme. - Seems i inverted the taxi positions at some places.

Gaston: Try this:

http://files.filefront.com/map+fzip/;11 ... einfo.html

May be it's a little bit better, but there is something wrong with the rivers. Why don't you switch to perfect mode in the games settings? Looks much better and no problems.