What remaining maps need to be made?

Philipines
New Guinea (PLZ remake the existing one, and the rest of the island)
West Germany/Holland
Norway (Decent map)
Madagascar (talk about forgotten battles there)
Israel (good for 1941 Vichy/Allies and post war)
Salvador/Honduras (1969 Football war)
Eastern China
Korea
North Sea map (Germany, Norway, North England) ?
East Dutch Indies

That would be for me.

Phil_K Wrote:We need Tatooine and the Death Star. Also models of X-Wing and TIE.

This is all possible now, isn't it?

LOL, wtf! :lol:

Darwin and Townsville areas. Smile

Rest of New Guinea
The Svir Front - between Ladoga and the Onega

A North Europe map in 1/3 or 1/4 scale for the "mighty eight" B-17's or RAF Lancasters bombing campaigns would be a nice addition... Taking off a B-17 from Duxford to bomb ball-bearing installations in Schweinfurt, facing deadly 88 mm Flak cannons in Himmelbett line and Bf 109's from the "Defence of the Reich" will be awesome.

~S~ all

Just loving Canon's EnglishChannel map and eagerly awaiting the next version.

If could choose a new one, then maybe a long range bombing map allowing for t/os in East Anglia and Lincolnshire to hit targets in the Rhine and Ruhr valleys. In fact come to think of it, how about a dambuster's map (with an explodable dam object?)

One can but dream... ;-)

TTFN

Pads

I do not like this 1/3 or 1/2 map style. I prefer 1/1.

A lot of maps are very big but only in 1/2. Perhaps a Calais Dover map in 1/1 whould be good. Little Dogfight Maps with 150 x 150 km or 200 x 200 km.

On the other handside you can make 1/1 strategical bomber maps (reduced objects). NW germany and coast of SE britian whould be nice. Cites like hamburg or bremen need no population with objects. They whould kill the fps rate on a big map (we saw it on the Alpen beta map). When you make an attack with bombers in alt 70 you need not to see any house.

With all those maps (and new planes) you could create a dedicated online war (39-45) at the western front based on unified mod installer and protected with crt2.

Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk,......the maps we have are very very old and were done when PC power was much less (original il2) so therefore are very simplified in terms of textures and objects.

lowfighter Wrote:Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk,......the maps we have are very very old and were done when PC power was much less (original il2) so therefore are very simplified in terms of textures and objects.

I am playing around with a Kursk-Prokhorovka-Kharkov map. I decided that my original project of updating Malaya/Singapore required me to get some practice in on something easier first. (No coastline!)
Maps h and c done, map_t under construction.

When I have a lot more done I might announce it properly; if it looks any good of course :wink: .

:cheers:

I/JG27_Waggel Wrote:I do not like this 1/3 or 1/2 map style. I prefer 1/1.

Yes- I concur. If one considers this a sim, then the monotony and at least some of the boredom of war should be simulated. Full real fans could start on the tarmac, while on-liners could air start not far from the intended target. Otherwise, IMHO it's a game. That's why I am such a fan of 1:1 scale.

B-17 Mighty 8th did a decent job, despite some of the cartoonish graphics some times of at least simulating 'hours of boredom followed by moments of terror.'

Call me a purist, or anything else. But that's just my opinion. Of all the wonderful maps we have now and will have, I enjoy the 1:1 maps a little more- they give me more an accurate flavour of what it must have been like.

Still very happy with what we have Big Grin

Cheers to all who take the time to provide so much enjoyment to so many 8)

Triad

I will be very happy if somebody make a maps Bulgaria, Romania and Greece.

Good luck M8! Big Grin

dunkelgrun Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:Moscow, Stalingrad, Kursk,......the maps we have are very very old and were done when PC power was much less (original il2) so therefore are very simplified in terms of textures and objects.

I am playing around with a Kursk-Prokhorovka-Kharkov map. I decided that my original project of updating Malaya/Singapore required me to get some practice in on something easier first. (No coastline!)
Maps h and c done, map_t under construction.

When I have a lot more done I might announce it properly; if it looks any good of course :wink: .

:cheers:

For Europe, I would like a large map of Spain...

For the Pacific theatre, the most missing maps are China !!!

There have been very big battles there... for example, there have been 4 battles for the city of Changsha, in Hunan province !!! so, a map of Hunan province would be very nice (this is also in Hunan province that the remaining Japanese troops surrendered to the Chinese, in Huaihua if my memory is working well...). Also, Chungqing, Hong-Kong to Canton (Guangzhou) and Shanghai would be very interesting !!!

So,, I think that these 4 missing Chinese maps could be very interesting !!!

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

We could really need an eastern England - Holland - West Germany map imho

what about an East Coast of America/France map for 1946 "what if" scenarios, with the Me264 coming

regards

slipper