Autumn Textures for BoB - WIP (update 03/10/08)

ok, when loading in FMB , press shift+tab ( console) and read which files cause problem ( should be error messages at the bottom of the list )

Z

fly_zo Wrote:ok, when loading in FMB , press shift+tab ( console) and read which files cause problem ( should be error messages at the bottom of the list )

Z

OK now that is more reasonable. It has been about 12 years since I last had to write code and well.....without a debugger...or in this case console stepping through the program execution....it is just toooooo tedious.

Thanks Zo!

SB

With the console the offending line is

"Mount0 = land/summer/fsmd_mount1.tga,2"

This calls apparently a custom texture which is not installed with at least my version of Canon's map since I have not placed that texture within the maps folder and apparently it is not a stock texture.

Thanks Zo! Found the error in 5 minutes vs the hours of futile searching before

Regards

SB

Skullbiscuit Wrote:With the console the offending line is

"Mount0 = land/summer/fsmd_mount1.tga,2"

This calls apparently a custom texture which is not installed with at least my version of Canon's map since I have not placed that texture within the maps folder and apparently it is not a stock texture.

Thanks Zo! Found the error in 5 minutes vs the hours of futile searching before

Regards

SB

so , you are ok now .... all maps load and save properly ?

sorry , i didn't mention console before ..... didn't read your initial posts so i was unaware of loading problem :oops:

cheers
Z

Would someone who has got this working be willing to post the files/folder needed? I think most of us are not comfortable working with the .sfs extractor.

I've zipped up my _Tex folder and ini's for those that wish to use - about 86MB download. Backup your _tex folder and drop mine in - don't forget to add the 2 lines to your all.ini (in my post back on page 13).

I used the bob_fields tga's in the ini's but you can change them to Compans ones if you wish ( I reckon they look a bit better with them)

Cheers

Quelty

Thank you. How should I rename the QMB+ mission files (I've made copies with the map line altered to call the CAN_AutE_load.ini)? Right now they are called ChannelBlueAirbase00 etc.,
Edit; I got it- ChannelAutEBlueAirbase00, etc.

Quelty Wrote:Taska, change the Country1 line in the ini's to read "Country1 = land/summer/whitechalk.tga,2"

Cheers

Quelty

Thanks for that Quelty, I was messing about with the files with the game still open and re-loading the
map each time I saved the ini. Didn't seem to change anything but I guess I was in a hurry and must
have made a simple mistake. I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday as I had an appointment at a local
drinking establishment and wasn't concentrating. :lol:

I thought the cliffs would be easy enough to fix, but I was still trying to get a nice balance of all
the textures and was getting trees on the cliffs and in the water. I'll have another go at it l8r as
soon as I've got my vision back :oops: :lol:
Other than that, I'll have a try with yours'. Big Grin

Cheers.

fly_zo Wrote:so , you are ok now .... all maps load and save properly ?
Z

Yes, I think we have turned the corner. Maps load fine within FMB

Thanks again

SB

Sorry for the question but where I can download the BoB map? THanx

viewtopic.php?t=5332

Quelty i have a little bug with yours late autumm setting in west dieppe.... :oops:

[Image: 080908124345392112470657.jpg]

Hi YLB,
Certainly looks odd Confusedhock: - the initial ini's that I had were a combination of various posts in this thread which got me up and running, obviously not perfect. What I have now done is added the ,-1,2 or whatever Canon had in his original map download and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Appropriate bit of code now looks like;

Code:
[FIELDS]
LowLand0 = land/autumn/bob_fields_2_autumn_late.tga,2
LowLand1 = land/autumn/bob_fields_3_Compans_autumn_late.tga,-2 //land/autumn/bob_fields_2_autumn_late.tga
LowLand2 = land/autumn/bob_fields_1_autumn_late.tga,-2 //land/autumn/bob_fields_2_autumn_late.tga
LowLand3 = land/autumn/bob_fields_3_Compans_autumn_late.tga,-2 //land/autumn/bob_fields_2_autumn_late.tga

MidLand0 = land/autumn/bob_fields_2_autumn_late.tga,-2
MidLand1 = land/summer/sk_LowLand3_fields.tga,-2
MidLand2 = land/summer/sk_midland4.tga
MidLand3 = land/summer/sk_LowLand0.tga

Mount0 = land/summer/fsmd_mount1.tga
Mount1   = land/summer/sk_fields_mount2.tga,2
Mount2   = land/summer/rom_LowLand0.tga
Mount3   = land/summer/rom_swamps1.tga

Country0 = land/autumn/sk_country_mount_autumn_late.tga
Country1 = land/summer/whitechalk.tga,2
Country2 = land/autumn/sk_country_mount_autumn_late.tga
Country3 = water/rom_fields_Beach.tga,2