for Dunkelgrun (vanished post)

Dunkelgrun,
VPmedia jpegs dimensions have nothing to do with the texture files dimensions. Istvan just took some screenshots ingame and sized them to those dimensions. The texture files (tga or tgb) are square and only 256 by 256, 512 by 512, and 1024 by 1024.
Normally a "classical Oleg texture" will be ruled by the following files:
texture.tga
texture.tgb
texture.bumph
A 1024 by 1024 tgb texture means a texture which spans 1600 by 1600 metes. The corresponding tga spans the same distances but is lower resolution. Actually I don't know why are the tga's needed, the higher resolution tgbs is what I see in game. Some real ground skinners might shed some light on this?
Newer mod textures didn't came in this way, just a
texture.tga (no tgb or bumph)
I assume that when this is the case (no tgb) a tga of 1024 by 1024 will also correspond to 1600 m by 1600 m... but i'm not sure, easy to test whoever wants that :wink:

Ah, thanks m8; I deleted the post because all of a sudden I realised that the sizes I was on about were mere screenshots. Forgot to screw my brain in properly this morning... :oops: .

Thanks for the info though; I'd noticed the 1600 x 1600m size when I was looking at Slovakia. Do you know if combining the different sizes on one map causes any problems at all?

Cheers!

dunkelgrun Wrote:Do you know if combining the different sizes on one map causes any problems at all?

Cheers!

No problems I think, but the functioning of textures is not so clear to me so I might be wrong.
:?