Bridge length

From the FMB+ I can only create bridges of a "standard" length, I can rotate them and adjust their position but I cannot set their length to accommodate for the river width.

I see longer bridges in some maps though, is there a way to do that?

Thanks
Maraz

Try looking here.

viewtopic.php?p=16246#16246

I experienced some problems trying to get longer rail bridge to cross a larger river :

in unlocked FMB, it was possible to "merge" two bridges, or three... four..., by using bridgeLeft for first and bridgeRight for second and later bridgeOffset+ bridgeOffset- to get them side by side...
it is possible to repeat operation so you can have a very long rail bridge crossing a lake...

FMB let you save w/o problem... but when you try to reload with the new actor.static saved...
Game crash !

... I didn't find the way to fix it... Sad

There is no problem creating long bridges in FMB Map Editor.
Follow the link above for tips on how to do it.

In my Rotterdam model I have a very long viaduct made with a single multi span bridge model.

Also two long bridges over rivers to south of Rotterdam at Moerdijk.

asheshouse Wrote:There is no problem creating long bridges in FMB Map Editor.
Follow the link above for tips on how to do it.

In my Rotterdam model I have a very long viaduct made with a single multi span bridge model.

Also two long bridges over rivers to south of Rotterdam at Moerdijk.

Well I thought also it was possible, I didn't search for confirmation on other maps but it seemed to me I had seen such things before...

... but when I try, I get a game crash everytime I reload with saved actors.static... I don't know why !

Anyway, I took an other way and now... the map is achieved... near final release :wink:

Sorry, i forgott to answer: You can elongate the bridges by editing the inWing.file. Two following lines are one bridge, the x and y values in every line indicate the outer limit of one basis of a bridge in the bearing of the carriageway.

It's easy if a bridge is positioned at an angle of 90 or 0 degrees, may be you need a calculater if you want to do it with angulated bridges.

It may also be that the "create bridge" in the mapping fmb elonges bridges to the right dimensiones, i never tried this. Ir you try it, please report.

zipzapp Wrote:Sorry, i forgott to answer: You can elongate the bridges by editing the inWing.file. Two following lines are one bridge, the x and y values in every line indicate the outer limit of one basis of a bridge in the bearing of the carriageway.

It's easy if a bridge is positioned at an angle of 90 or 0 degrees, may be you need a calculater if you want to do it with angulated bridges.

It may also be that the "create bridge" in the mapping fmb elonges bridges to the right dimensiones, i never tried this. Ir you try it, please report.

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock: What a news... how did you find this tip ? I've never read anything about this possibility... really useful