New map requests ?!

First of all i want to thank all of the guys who are involved in this great Modding project.
Im enjoying this mod very much !!

However, there is still place for more mod maps i think.
New Maps always brings new ideas of Missions etc...

What you think about some Map requests ?

-Vietnam/Laos/Cambodia Map
-Korea Map ( its in WIP from what i see...)
-Central Europe Map (Germany/Belgium/Netherland/France/Swizz)
-Caucasus Map (Sotchi/Grozny/Baku Area)
-Middle East Map (Turkey/Palestine/Jordania/Syria/Iraq/Iran/Saudi Arabia)
-Spain Map/SCW (WIP ?!)
-Poland Map
-East Prussia Map

Regards

Philipines would be nice and interesting, there was a lot of fighting in Philipines during ww2

There already is a Philippines map and it covers a large area of that country.

viewtopic.php?t=8045

And if you're looking for Yugoslavia, then one of the finest and most graphically excellent maps for most of that country is already available for installation and download:

viewtopic.php?t=10515

________

And while being repetitive in calls for such a map, it would really be a great boon if there were a finely made map of any part of Spain for a SCW scenario to be played out on. This is one of the conflicts for which Sturmovik could provide many aircraft types - some hacks, some not - but which always seems to get overlooked.

Another map I would like to see is a United States map. It could be used for training, flyovers, etc. It wouldn't really matter where it was, but some big city would be really neat.

GPreddy Wrote:Another map I would like to see is a United States map. It could be used for training, flyovers, etc. It wouldn't really matter where it was, but some big city would be really neat.

yeah .... but for that we really need some authentic USA objects/buildings IMHO

or would you be satisfied with bunch of Honolulu towers :wink:

Z

Poland would be interesting, get to see the Pz11 in it's natural environment.

Any chance for a Bulgaria-Serbia map with the Ploesti area in Romania? I guess certain areas can be taken from other maps. As of now, their is no way to recreate the strategical bombing campaign of the 15th US AF in the Balkans (without sacrificing historical accuracy) nor the retreat of the Germans through Yogoslavia in the autumn-winter of 1944. Cry

Would be nice to have a Minsk/Belorussia map (to include a portion of East Poland & Lithuania) - good for 'Barbarossa' campaigns Big Grin

AFAIK, someone a while back announced they were working on a Germany/Poland map, but I don't know if this project was ongoing or has been shelved.

Hawkers Big Grin

East Prussia with Koenigsberg would be nice, heavy battles there...
The Caucasus is included in a WIP map by Russian colleagues, a huge map from southeast Ukraine to northwest Caucasus...

See thread in Russian on:

http://aviaskins.com/vb/showthread.php?t=294

I don't understand Russian but from screenshots I think it still has a long way to go...

I am still interested about China : there have been huge battles there, involving Japanese, Russian, American and even... German materials (Chinese Air Force had some He-111...) !!!

Could be very interesting to have Shanghai, Hong-Kong-Canton (Guangdong province) and Hunan (4 major battles for city of Changsha... + rendition ot Japanese troops in Huaihua...) maps. Of course, Kunming for some Flying Tigers action too !!!

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

Tunisia.

There was a WIP, but it seems to have died in its tracks.

Kharkov.

My MTO map features all of Tunisia, all the way to Egypt.

Joe
Working in parallel to your BoB or in series?

I started the MTO map when I released the beta of my Channel map, but the MTO has been on hold since I started the final release of the Channel map.

The actual MTO is fully made, it's just populating areas that needs doing. At the moment, only Crete, southern Sardinia and a little of Egypt is populated.

I'd like to see a map where you can fly from Iwo Jima to Japan. There's a P-51 campaign I started ages ago called "The Tokyo Pony Club" that I put on hold in the hope that such a map might be created. I feel a bit guilty, as bo_nidle did a lovely skin pack for me.

I might make this my first mapping project - could be a nice change from mission building.