Naming items in the objects list

Is there a way to add names to the objects in the object list of the regular fmb? I mean, when you are building a map and you go to "objects" and all you see are object 1, 2, ... Can I somehow edit my static.ini file or something else to give these actual names?

I wish we could...... however you can install the FMB+ ....... which, when in 3D view has it's name at the bottom of the screen, which is the same as its name in the static.ini

I don't know if that is possible but it would be nice.

In the mean time though there are PDF files and .doc files on Mission4Today that catalogue the objects in the FMB. Some files have names for each item while another catagorizes them eg: all the stuff for a train yard, all the castle stuff, etc.

These turn out to be even better than the FMB lists IMHO because you can view a lot more at the same time.

If you think they would be hlepful, go to:
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... oads&c=516

The ones I liked the most are:
FMB Stationary Objects Overview
FMB Objects Overview
Object List for IL2 1946 PDF-format

Spinner

if interested, i made a .pdf with ALL objects, meaning armor,trains,artillery,ships etc....
feel free to have a look
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TRCM1JR4

Hey Tigertooo ... that is really really nice

you know that Farang65 was trying to do an Object list for the mod objects....

perhaps you could include the other modded objects...... my mod trees and plants/ Fishsneaky's vehicles/ Lal_Rone's fortifications/shippack1&2 ... and the mod maps too Big Grin

It would be better if you ignored the numbering system and put the names used by the static.ini and which show in the FMB+

As Fred said have a look at my mod objects photo dirctory listings

It's in the forum headed MAP TOOLS.

Took some time to do.

I am busy this month with a move from Chiang Mai to Lamphun so wont be able to do any work on it until around Feb/March.

CHEERS KIRBY

Soon Lamphun