How to save maps

when i go to save a custom map (with altered terrain) i click the save option (not save as, not save spawn) i then exit FMB then when i go back to put planes onto my map it is as though i did not chane anything. My airfields do not appear and the land i created is how it was before i edited it. can someone please help. Much appreiciated.

THanks

Hi Bully,
First up you need to create a folder called "maps" under your game root folder;

[Image: m1.jpg]

Then under this new "maps" folder create a folder with the exact name of the map you are editing eg Ardennes if you are editing the Ardennes map or dlv_Philippines if you want to edit the phillipines map by Delvpier. This is where your edits will be saved. Once you have done this then you can fire up the unlocked FMB and start editing away.

[Image: m2.jpg]

OK, when you have finished editing and saved your work it will show up in the folder of the map you are working on. Screenie shows what was saved in my Spain folder last time I played with it.

[Image: m3.jpg]

These files need to be copied/moved to your ..mods/mapmods/maps/xxxx folder, where xxxx is the folder name of the map you edited (backup the originals first). Now if you open the map in "Normal" FMB your changes should be there.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Quelty

THanks for replyin so soon
this is a graet help

I've been asking this for ages!

Humm... Maybe now I can do one thing...
Quelty maybe you can help me with this.
I've made an new airfield in Slovakia (Maybe you see it), and I've place the objects where I want, but that has a problem, when you activate the autopilot the plane taxi were he must, without seeing what has in front, so he crash. So I Unlock FMB and tried to load that mission (SlovakiaRedNone00.mis) and change the taxi lines, but when I try to open it the game crash.
If I place that mission in IL2 1946/Maps/Slovakia and try to open it, the game will crash? or that folder is only for save files?

I hope that I had explained good.

Many maps, including Slovakia have too many objects to open in FMB Map Editor.

First you need to use Actors utilities to make a new temporary actors.static which has the objects in the area you want to work on. Do your editing then recombine the actors to make a large one again.

Try LSA's Actors Cut and Shift utility to split the actors file up.
There is another utility called Actors Splitter.

For the Slovakia map the maximum area which can be opened at a time is roughly 50x50km.

asheshouse Wrote:Many maps, including Slovakia have too many objects to open in FMB Map Editor.

First you need to use Actors utilities to make a new temporary actors.static which has the objects in the area you want to work on. Do your editing then recombine the actors to make a large one again.

Try LSA's Actors Cut and Shift utility to split the actors file up.
There is another utility called Actors Splitter.

For the Slovakia map the maximum area which can be opened at a time is roughly 50x50km.

Ok, Thank you very much I will try it.