crazy road turns

I've just started doing roads and railways on BurmaLower using GIMP but the turns in my roads add an extra section making it look like a triangle on each turn.
How can I solve this problem?
[Image: roads.jpg]

In fact, roads follow the grid or diagonals on FMB. So, if you make a 90

CzechTexan - when drawing roads in Gimp or PS, when doing diagonal lines the pixels need to be only touching in the corners.

I prefer to lay my roads and rail in the 3D view following along... you can lay a piece in this view but not remove....so i lay first....going around hills etc....then go back to view from above and retrace my steps and delete the corners you have in your pic and any extra pieces

OK thanks everyone. I got it going right, now. I don't know how to add the roads/rail in 3D mode though. I choose the texture, click on the map, but then it groups a bunch together side by side. How does that work?

OT: Shouldn't roads in Burma in the 1940's be dirt and not asphalt?

You're right about the dirt roads. I only have paved roads around Chittagong but I will probably change that to dirt too since you brought it up. All the rest are dirt.
My era maps show the main road at Chittagong as all-weather so I assumed it was paved.
Hmmm...is there a mod road like the paved road except brown color?

to lay or alter road/rail in 3D mode...

looking at the map in FMB..... zoom down close...then select road in Objects menu...press Enter key.... I use insert (numpad) key to lay a section at a time.... press Enter again to go to above view to delete a section