Battle of France Map - Part 2 - WIP

It is "on the back burner".
Problem is not so much other mod projects but real life stuff which needs to take priority.

Part 1 of the map which covers the first phase of BoF is still available for download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?lydtdexb91m

The details are in this thread viewtopic.php?p=76102#76102

asheshouse Wrote:It is "on the back burner".
Problem is not so much other mod projects but real life stuff which needs to take priority.

Part 1 of the map which covers the first phase of BoF is still available for download here
http://www.mediafire.com/?lydtdexb91m

The details are in this thread viewtopic.php?p=76102#76102

.... there is no pressure , just take your time Big Grin

part 1 is beautiful and can hold us for a long time IMHO

cheers
Z

Part 1 is one of my favorite maps.
Even the "rough" areas of France are pretty good.

I still wish that there was an easier way to find all of the Beta maps. Every week I stumble across a new one that has been out for some time.

Quote:This is not really working unfortunately, take any object,say first object in fmb, open the mat file, the distance is set there anyway to 10000. Now go in game and measure the pop up distance for that object (I did that long time ago). The pop up will be some 3000 meters for first object with normal view if I remember correctly. The pop up distance is somewhere else, and I suspect it's in the .msh file... The houses having the greatest visibility range are the Norway ones, about 7000m (not sure though about the Slovakia castles and churches they might be even more "visible").

The visibility parameters for various objects LODs are indeed stored in the *.msh files. I didn't check if the *.msh files in Il-2 are binary or text files, but it should be easy to open them and convert to msh/text format with MshConverter for editing the LOD view distances.
At the moment, I'm creating some static objects for Theatre if War (a game based on the Il-2 engine) that could be used on your project and serve as visual landmarks. The bridge at Grave in Netherland being one of them (one of the Market Garden bridge).
Here it is in ToW:
http://pigeonh.free.fr/grave-6.jpg
Let me know if you'd like to use it.
-Knokke

Cool man million thanks! I didn't know about the mshconverter but reading your post I downloaded. picked a house msh, exported to text msh and changed the lod distance, it worked, house pops up at much bigger distance
8) 8) 8)

Knokke Wrote:
Quote:This is not really working unfortunately, take any object,say first object in fmb, open the mat file, the distance is set there anyway to 10000. Now go in game and measure the pop up distance for that object (I did that long time ago). The pop up will be some 3000 meters for first object with normal view if I remember correctly. The pop up distance is somewhere else, and I suspect it's in the .msh file... The houses having the greatest visibility range are the Norway ones, about 7000m (not sure though about the Slovakia castles and churches they might be even more "visible").

The visibility parameters for various objects LODs are indeed stored in the *.msh files. I didn't check if the *.msh files in Il-2 are binary or text files, but it should be easy to open them and convert to msh/text format with MshConverter for editing the LOD view distances.
At the moment, I'm creating some static objects for Theatre if War (a game based on the Il-2 engine) that could be used on your project and serve as visual landmarks. The bridge at Grave in Netherland being one of them (one of the Market Garden bridge).
Here it is in ToW:
http://pigeonh.free.fr/grave-6.jpg
Let me know if you'd like to use it.
-Knokke

The map is realy great :!: The part 1 is a bit too limited in the area but may be we can start with it, Teasy should take a look.
But we wait for part two to use it on our server.

Great stuff, many thanks for the work Tongue

S!

Frank

All work at the moment is going into helping EasyRider with the WWI map, but the spin off will be that when this is completed I will copy the buildings back across to the BoF map which will fill the area from Rouen to the west edge of Part 1 and include the channel ports and everything up to Gent. So in a sense things are still progressing.

Your map is my favorite map at the moment. I wish I knew how to work on these, I would offer to help. I feel happy to get the map you have provided, I get all the enjoyment and do not have to do any of the work. Thanks for what you have done and are still doing. If I may say, Please don't forget the England part of the map. Not that is has to detailed. Just try to have it so we can use the airbases. Right now some of the bases have trees on the runways and some are on hills and all are very short. I think there is only one that is useable. Even so, I will continue my gameplay on this map as is. Thanks again.
Cheers!
claytong3

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately the airfields outside of the Part 1 area were never completed and need more work to be done on them. I still have plans to get back to this but other things keep taking priority, particularly the WWI project which is currently going full steam, with two maps in progress. The good new is that I will be able to re-use much of the work done on the Western Front map to complete the Part 3 area of BoF, which will just leave the Part 2 area, the northeast corner, to finish.