How to do all this???

Hi all
Am new to this world of mods. Have been addicted to this thing since 2003 and have only recently found thats the game has been opened to mods. Would really like to download some new maps etc and have looked to seek advice but to be honest I find it very very confusing. Have experiance of downloading skins etc and mission builder but find this this all to much!!
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or to tutorials about the basics, am on 409mb1 patch,any help would be appreciated..... :?: :lol:

I would suggest you download the the Unified installer which has all the new Maps and mods available Wink It's a good start for beginers

The best advice right now would be to download and install the Unified Installer v1.1 and the UI patch 1.1.1.
viewforum.php?f=58

This will give you all the newest maps approved by AAA and most of the new acft.

Once you've done that, then you may want to start scanning the forums in the MODs section. You can then pick and choose which additional mods or MOD updates you would like.

US_GRANT Wrote:Once you've done that, then you may want to start scanning the forums in the MODs section. You can then pick and choose which additional mods or MOD updates you would like.

Make sure you back up your files before installing additional mods, and especially beta mods. It is very easy to end up with nothing working at all. We have all been there.

asheshouse Wrote:
US_GRANT Wrote:Once you've done that, then you may want to start scanning the forums in the MODs section. You can then pick and choose which additional mods or MOD updates you would like.

Make sure you back up your files before installing additional mods, and especially beta mods. It is very easy to end up with nothing working at all. We have all been there.

Good point.

christopher65 Wrote:Hi all
Am new to this world of mods. Have been addicted to this thing since 2003 and have only recently found thats the game has been opened to mods. Would really like to download some new maps etc and have looked to seek advice but to be honest I find it very very confusing. Have experiance of downloading skins etc and mission builder but find this this all to much!!
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or to tutorials about the basics, am on 409mb1 patch,any help would be appreciated..... :?: :lol:

Amen on the backup! It's probably happened to everyone here. You add a mod and the game starts to CTD and you realize "Oops! Where's my backup?" If you have the disk space keep a BU of a clean un-modded install and a BU of a modded install and a 3rd install to play with when adding mods. This way if a mod does cause a CTD you can dump it and copy either BU to your F'd up install.

Thanks all, will give it a go.I have to dl the file at my work cos of dl speed onto 2 discs then take them home to my pc-will this cos problems??? :lol: