"Mount 3" texture is just pure white: help?

Another noobish question. When I try and use the Mount 3 texture in the mapbuilding FMB, I just get a white void area. Is this normal?

The .tga is one of my own made in from a Google Earth screenshot. However, the other 3 shots I did are all usable and work in FMB.

Make sure the texture is of a size ie: 256x256 or 512x512 or 1024x1024 etc Wink

Cheers, Neil Smile

You will get white areas in game when you fly in 'perfect' landscape mode when your textures are not in the standard size as quoted above.

If you fly in 'excellent' mode, then the size of your textures makes no difference, you will not have any white areas. The downside is of course that your landscape will not look as good.

The odd thing is that even if all your textures are non standard size, then it will invariably be the mountain areas that are a white void in perfect landscape mode. You can swap mountain textures till you're blue in the face or seeing double, it won't make any difference. All your textures should be standard size: country, midland, mountain ...etc.

No, the tiles are all 512 x 512. The problem has to be something other than that.

24Bit, 32Bit, RLE compression?

I make my textures in 8 bits, with no compression.

Owwww! My dumm!

I checked the tile in question and it WAS 512 x 514! Now corrected and FBM works perfectly. Thanks, m8s!

:oops: