WIP - New Maps in the Works

Just thought to show a few maps that are in the works, thanks to the excellent Map Building Tutorial made and shared by kevin. He opened the doors and explained how to do this, without his tutorial I'd still still be groping in a total darkness on map making.

Here are a few screen shots just to show: Chaco map / Madrid map and Spain-Morocco Map

[img]

[/img]

[img]

The Chaco map is coming along quite well and should hopefully be ready in a not too distant future, say a few weeks if all goes well. It is a relatively simple map as far as objects go and I plan on initially at least on keeping it sparse but functional.

There will be a campaign for this map too and there are already a considerable number of skins for Bolivian and Paraguayan planes already finished.

Here is a link to a number of raw maps that can be used for whatever one wishes: there are no rivers, roads, towns or airfields, but someone might wish to take a look or whatever. Choose the folder 'Maps'

http://www.mediafire.com/?bnjzjtmu34y

[/img]

Hey

looks very nice agracier!!!

Looks Great! How well does the game model Gibraltar? -viking

beautiful! these maps will be a lot of fun online and offline! thank you for your work! Big Grin

With this map you can but imitating the Spanish Civil War?
Times I would be a good idea!

Simply great, bravo! Big Grin
A fantastic addiction, also remembering forgotten wars like that of Chaco.
And this game at the beginning was "Forgotten Battles"... :wink:
Good work!

Lookin' goood! (with triple-o :wink: )

Yeah looks great

and a post KG64_cnopicilin Post Tongue

hi agracier Big Grin
i've tried these new maps, thanks, looks like i could have a lot of fun with them!
One question: i can't save any missions on these maps. any idea what it could be? i've had this issue once or twice in the past, and i think its related to the actors.static file?
Not sure, but i'll carry on testing these so long... 8)

bbm,

you have to have at least 1 object in the actors.static to be able to save the mission. So put a tree or a hut in a corner of the map and save. Then you can write and save missions.

Aah, i see............thanks, mandrill! Big Grin 8)

It would have been nice if you created a larger area of the first map where Paraguayan, Argentinian and Brazilian borders come together down south. So I could fly over the Igua

mandrill7 Wrote:you have to have at least 1 object in the actors.static to be able to save the mission [...]

I put in Morocco folder an empty actors.static to which I added an object I copied/pasted from
another actors.static, but still no mission...I think mine was not the right way... Smile

Thank you, guys!

bigbossmalone Wrote:hi agracier Big Grin
i've tried these new maps, thanks, looks like i could have a lot of fun with them!
One question: i can't save any missions on these maps. any idea what it could be? i've had this issue once or twice in the past, and i think its related to the actors.static file?
Not sure, but i'll carry on testing these so long... 8)

It could indeed be the static ini, but on these start-up, I've not gotten around to making a static.ini yet. I have however for myself purely and to test them out, made and saved missions with no problems.

But I'll take the problems one at a time - by announcing the maps, I've now put myself under an obligation of sorts to complete them and that should be no real problem. When i get a finished v.1.0 online we'll see what problems member have and what I've done wrong or could improve (a lot surely ...ha ha).

axal Wrote:
mandrill7 Wrote:you have to have at least 1 object in the actors.static to be able to save the mission [...]

I put in Morocco folder an empty actors.static to which I added an object I copied/pasted from
another actors.static, but still no mission...I think mine was not the right way... Smile

Thank you, guys!

I don't think that's the correct way either.