Cannot make shallow water/reefs

I'm trying to create shallow water/reefs on my map. I've altered my map_c by adding patches of RGB 10-90, but the results come out as dirty brown water patches instead of various shades of aqua (see viewtopic.php?t=13422&highlight=shallow+water ). What am I doing wrong?

Process
1. Opened greyscale MyMap_c which has water as RGB=0 and land as RGB=255
2. Convert MyMap_c from greyscale to RGB.
3. Painted RGB patches 10-90 values, ie R=50 G=50 B=50
4. Converted back from RGB to greyscale.
5. Run map_C toolbox on MyMap_c to create the map_c & map_c.tga_table files.

Add RGB 40 in your map T, at places where you want that shalow water to apear, and add line for coastal water in load.ini, something like this:

Quote:Water0 = water/water.tga
Water1 = water/water.tga
Water2 = water/CoralCoastLine.tga, - this is it
Water3 = land/summer/grnd/fields_proc013.tga

And bear in mind that water causes stuttering in low level flight above it. And you dont need to convert maps from RGB to greyscale and backwards, it can be greyscale without problems.

Didn't work Sad My map_t has RBG=40-42 in the area of interest. Deeper water RGB=0. My load.ini file contains the line Water2 = water/CoralCoastLine.tga. I try to use tile-coastal river in FMB which I believe is water2 but nothing happens. When I manualy change map_c with RGB values between 10-90 (shallow water) I still get dirty brown water Sad

Are you using "Pacific water", or ordinary "water" in your load.ini?

I find that I get the dirty brown patches when looking at my reefs in the unlocked FMB.
Try looking at them in the 'normal' FMB - my reefs and shallows are fine then, and show up lovely when flying over them.

:cheers:

dunkelgrun Wrote:I find that I get the dirty brown patches when looking at my reefs in the unlocked FMB.
Try looking at them in the 'normal' FMB - my reefs and shallows are fine then, and show up lovely when flying over them.

That, and try RGB 44-45, thats coastal water, sorry. Was tired and made mistake :oops: Lets the rest of your water be 40 (all the rest water that is not "shalow")

mandrill7 Wrote:Are you using "Pacific water", or ordinary "water" in your load.ini?

From my load.ini

[WATER]
Water = water/PacificWater.tga
WaterColorATI = 0.140 0.175 0.230
//WaterColorATI = 0.150 0.225 0.180
WaterColorNV = 0.140 0.185 0.268
//WaterColorNV = 0.165 0.264 0.233

Water0 = water/water.tga
Water1 = water/water.tga
Water2 = water/CoralCoastLine.tga, -2
Water3 = land/summer/grnd/fields_proc013.tga

dunkelgrun Wrote:I find that I get the dirty brown patches when looking at my reefs in the unlocked FMB.

Nope, normal FMB shows just deep water.