NewBerlinObjects !

Guy's
I d/l the above. Then Installed it , now i've lost Berlin completely. Is it only for 4.09M ? I'm still using 4.08M , some advise please :oops:
ColaBen

No idea what you are talking about. What Berlin objects? There are none "above" as you say.
I'm guessing you tried to install some new objects, and instead of adding the appropriate text to your static.ini you actually replaced it entirely with just the new entries. That way you effectively prevented the game from being able to load any default objects. I hope you remembered to back up your static.ini first. On the bright side, at least your maps will load a lot quicker now!

If lightning fast loading times leave you with too much time on your hands though, I've uploaded a default 4.08/9 static.ini for you to use. :wink:

http://files.filefront.com/staticini/;1 ... einfo.html

Hi' BEE !
Thanks for your reaction, i D/L your static ini. Thanks Big Grin
BerlinObjects is a EXE file (presumably adding better objects) you just point it to the IL-2 Folder, no version or explanation given :oops:
Happy Landings
ColaBen

ColaBen Wrote:Hi' BEE !
Thanks for your reaction, i D/L your static ini. Thanks Big Grin
BerlinObjects is a EXE file (presumably adding better objects) you just point it to the IL-2 Folder, no version or explanation given :oops:
Happy Landings
ColaBen

Don't recall this one, got a link to it ColaBen?

Cheers

Quelty

ColaBen Wrote:BerlinObjects is a EXE file (presumably adding better objects) you just point it to the IL-2 Folder, no version or explanation given :oops:
Happy Landings
ColaBen
ColaBen, i've gotta say, that is a very dangerous/silly thing to do, especially as you weren't even sure what it was. Like Bee said, i hope you backed up first.
My advice with an exe like that, is to point it to a Temp folder. let it install and first check to see EXACTLY what is being installed. It makes it easier to undo any damage afterwards. Hope you get it sorted. 8)

bigbossmalone Wrote:
ColaBen Wrote:BerlinObjects is a EXE file (presumably adding better objects) you just point it to the IL-2 Folder, no version or explanation given :oops:
Happy Landings
ColaBen
ColaBen, i've gotta say, that is a very dangerous/silly thing to do, especially as you weren't even sure what it was. Like Bee said, i hope you backed up first.
My advice with an exe like that, is to point it to a Temp folder. let it install and first check to see EXACTLY what is being installed. It makes it easier to undo any damage afterwards. Hope you get it sorted. 8)
Absolutely goddam right! Alway backup, like me lol.

this is why I like exe files which where done with winRar, as the official AAA guys do it. they can be opened like regular folders and i can check upfront what is in there.

just clicking an exe from somewhere on the intertubes is quite - how shall i put this.... ahm.... not very clever to say the least.

I am smiling every time I see a non-official mod packed as exe and ask myself how many pood guys now will mess up their install....

All you unofficial Modders: please don't do that, usre rar or zip or anything similar.

... ALWAYS ... ALWAYS point exe (install) to temporary folder first ... check files/folders integrity and if its looks ok run installation again to your game folder.... that goes to official mods too ( unintentional errors are always possible ... no one here is flawless )

Now , install that mod to temp folder and see which files it messes with ... so you'll know what needs to get repaired .

reg
Z

I always add mods manually. It's a good habit to get into. You get to become more familiar with the inner workings of the game, and don't get caught out with problems like this.

Bee Wrote:I always add mods manually. It's a good habit to get into. You get to become more familiar with the inner workings of the game, and don't get caught out with problems like this.
Since you have lots of experience, maybe you can write an "Adding Aircraft Mods Manually for Dummies"? Wink If it's good it will end up a sticky. I haven't had time to add mods myself. Downloaded them, yes, but not installed them.

A lot of time is going into changing an instrument or panel a bit, starting IL2, make a DF server or run a QMB save to check the look in cockpit, shut down IL2, back to adjusting pixels, rinse, repeat... Smile

I'm still confused if an AC mod says you need the SOUND_MOD, MOD-Activator, wrapper... do I still need those, if I have UI1.1.1? Buttons file (AC Installer) I understand. Anyway, back to pushing pixels. Smile

JAMF Wrote:
Bee Wrote:A lot of time is going into changing an instrument or panel a bit, starting IL2, make a DF server or run a QMB save to check the look in cockpit, shut down IL2, back to adjusting pixels, rinse, repeat... Smile

Ye Gods man! Don't do it that way. You'll be there until hell freezes over. Confusedhock:

Do this;

1. Open photoshop or gimp, whatever you use. Also fire up Il-2 and have both programs running simultaneously.

2. Open up your cockpit skinning project and start pushing your pixels about. When you want to have a look at your progress save those tga's and jump into QMB and fly the plane for a sec to see how it looks.

3. Now here is the trick... Make more changes to your skinning project and take a fresh look at your results.
To do this, quickly load up another, different aircraft in QMB and fly it for a second. Just a second is all you need. Il-2 can only hold one cockpit in it's memory at a time. It remembers the last on you flew, in all it's detail, even after you exit a mission. Jumping into a different aircraft for a sec will refresh the games memory of that aircraft and make it "read" your modded aircraft all over again the next time you fly it. Does that make sense?

As an example, here's what I did with the I-153 I was working on:

* Alter a cockpit texture in photoshop and save the changes.

* Fly the I-153 in QMB and observe the changes, taking notes if necessary.

* End the QMB mission. Hit the Windows key to get out of Il-2 temporarily. Make further changes to the textures and save them again

* Jump back into Il-2 and fly the next aircraft on the list (I-16 in this case, but any different plane will do) for just a moment.

* End the QMB flight and start another one. This time going back to the modded I-153 cockpit. You will notice that the game has now re-read the textures and your most recent changes are all there for you to see.

Easy eh? No need to waste hours and hours exiting/restarting the entire game each time you want to check if that knob is in the right spot or that line needs to move one or two pixel spaces to the left.... :wink:

BTW, SOUND_MOD, MOD-Activator, wrapper etc all come with the UI you are using. It wouln't function if it didn't. No need to add them again. :wink:

Bee Wrote:Ye Gods man! Don't do it that way. You'll be there until hell freezes over. Confusedhocked:

Do this;

[snip]

Thanks, I will give that a go. That should save me a bunch of time and speed it along Smile Mind if I paste the description in a question to this effect, which was posted a little while ago?

Bee Wrote:BTW, SOUND_MOD, MOD-Activator, wrapper etc all come with the UI you are using. It wouldn't function if it didn't. No need to add them again. :wink:
See, that was not clear to me. I found that confusing. If I wrote the "Howto" on a mod, it would read:
If you have UI, install this mod to the IL2 directory and install the latest AC Installer (3.5)

If you don't have UI, do yada-yada etc. etc... Wink

You posted this also in my Berlin TEXTURES topic. And no explanation? I think There was that pretty readme
[code]-English-

New Textures for the Berlin map (BETA)

Install:
Point the Install.exe to your Il2 root folder.

Notes:
You have now new Textures on the Berlin map. They are photorealistic and have correct tree placements.
It looks now more like flying in Germany.
IT are only Field textures.
In the final Version I will add Airport-Ground Textures, coast-textures and give other Town textures.
I will not add photorealistic town textures, because the buildings would be at their old place.
I used the load.ini from vp_medias default map mod.

Copyright:
You may use my textures for your maps and retexturing projects, but please write in your readme I made them
and please let me know you are using them. All my Textures are called "Hahn-..."

JG3_VonHahn

-Deutsch-

Neue Texturen f