hawaii request for talented mapmaker

i know all mapmakers are talented here, you have all created some awe inspiring work.
i am, looking for someone to make a 409 map of Hawaii.

olegg failed in his task to create hawaii for pf which in my opinion was a serious flaw in the game when there is so much info on the island. not only did he get the shape of ford island and its surrounds entirely wrong but it is well out of scale.
Hopefully someone out there could make this map to scale so the BB's and destroyers etc in game fit into their respected places which ,for me, would be a dream come true. if anyone is willing to take up this map, i could supply any pics of any part of the island including all the airfields

(The link is inoperative)

Here's a raw Microdem dem which is used to start a map with. This one is 25m to a pixel, which is double the size suggested for an Il-2 map.

It looks like it would be very difficult to get the detail from the map you posted here, into an Il-2 map. I would think that a lot of the features would have to be created as objects, rather than as part of the map terrain.

There just doesn't seem to be enough detail in this dem to make a map you show here.

[Image: Pearlharbor.jpg]

That's why you dont just use the DEMs to create your maps. This is why maps are supposed to take time to make.

[Image: sig2.gif]
TEAM PACIFIC

i know it would be tough going to make this work, but i am sure someone could do it, i really believe that it would be a good map, especially for creating the attack that brought america into the war is such a tremendous fashion.
after all, the map oleg gave us for PF is quite a load of cr*p and the lads here make olegs mappers look like children..... Big Grin if someone could make a base map i would gladly use the objects provided in game to build the docks and field structures, so i think that some room would need to be left to do this.
Also bear in mind that some maps, cover huge areas so i am sure someone could make this work

Please, when referring to PF, call it Ilya's crap and not Oleg's. It's closer to reality. Wink

I made my own Hawaii map....
http://www.4shared.com/account/file/344 ... _map_.html

it uses the original...but has added many objects i placed for my huge 7th December mission...

I might even have a newer version...if you are interested.....

(The link is inoperative)

I have one part-finished. I was beginning making the ground tiles for Pearl when I realised that I didn't know what I was doing! I've since learned it by rebuilding Midway (nearly finished) so if you can wait I might get Pearl done too. I really expanded the map, going as far west as Nihoa. Niihau and Kauai are nearly done as far as terrain goes, and I was in the process of asembling the 50's aerial photos of Kauai and Oahu. Lots more to do but I'd like to finish it, although I originally started on Singapore and I'd like to get that done too.
Too many projects on the go and too little time to finish them! Fingers crossed.

:cheers:

PS I have the coastline for 1941 around Pearl and Honolulu completed; took rather a lot of research but I got it done!

looks very nice, but i was looking to get the ma properly scaled, because i am a stickler like that, i did my own pearl but found that the ships where out of scale to the map and there was not enough room around luke field to build the dry docks

I have this mission at M4T, Pearl of the Pacific

[Image: 199_pearl%20harbor,%201941.jpg]

[Image: 199_pearl%20_01.jpg]

I did my best to recreate Pearl Harbor exactly as it was on Dec. 7th within the limitations of the game. All ship placements are based on multiple diagrams plus photos taken by Japanese pilots during the attack. The only thing missing is the tank farm as at the time there were no decent large fuel tank objects.

dunkelgrun Wrote:I have one part-finished. I was beginning making the ground tiles for Pearl when I realised that I didn't know what I was doing! I've since learned it by rebuilding Midway (nearly finished) so if you can wait I might get Pearl done too. I really expanded the map, going as far west as Nihoa. Niihau and Kauai are nearly done as far as terrain goes, and I was in the process of asembling the 50's aerial photos of Kauai and Oahu. Lots more to do but I'd like to finish it, although I originally started on Singapore and I'd like to get that done too.
Too many projects on the go and too little time to finish them! Fingers crossed.

PS I have the coastline for 1941 around Pearl and Honolulu completed; took rather a lot of research but I got it done!
is it accurate?

Quote: is it accurate?

Oh yes. Not sure if this is the final result as I haven't touched it for months but here's the coastline:

[Image: ph-coast.jpg]

very nice

To get all of the detail in the harbour you may need to make custom groundplates.
These are used for Kronstadt and Leningrad and Fabianfred has used them for his Thialand map.
These allow you to "draw" accurate outlines of docks and harbours without excessive numbers of objects being used.

Ashe

asheshouse Wrote:To get all of the detail in the harbour you may need to make custom groundplates.
These are used for Kronstadt and Leningrad and Fabianfred has used them for his Thialand map.
These allow you to "draw" accurate outlines of docks and harbours without excessive numbers of objects being used.

Ashe

That's exactly why I put the map on hold, I realised it was too ambitious for a novice. Now that I've redrawn Midway I have a much better idea what I'm doing!

well i look forward to seeing this map released. just one more question though, is it in scale with the objects we have as in the stationary battleships. we should be able to get 4 battleships in line end to end along the NE edge of ford island as is shown in my map picture above?