nvidia drivers & maps graphics

Since 1.1 install my graphics have been less then good with white ants running along the shorelines, cockpits on some aircraft just flat unviewable, and shimmer along rivers & the horizon on some maps.

So, I have been taking each Nvidia driver from 175.19 all the way through 185.85 to try & come up with a good all-around good quality map.

On each uninstall & do a registry cleaner & delete all folders related to nvidia & do a defrag & then install the next one in line.

I try both the 1024 x 768 x 32 & 1280 x 960 x 32 in-game settings
water 1, 2 & 3
forests 2, 3
Landgeom=3

The 178.13 drivers seem to have superior quality for viewing ground targets and seeing aircraft coming at you.

however, anything white is really bad... shimmers, shakes etc.

When I get up into the 180's the ground targets ar aircraft just don't seem to show up very well.

What I am wondering is if I am running into this compatibility problem with shimmering etc because of the wrong settings between the ingame setup and my nvidia setup.

I basically have everything in-game setup at the max & go from min to max setup in the nvidia settings.

What settings are directed toward the shimmer & white ants running along the shorelines...?

I haveXP Pro and the Nvidia 8800GTS 512 video card and an otherwise very new and fast computer.

S!

I have problems adjusting nVidia as well, to see aircraft especially. But some help was with use of nHancer software,still tinkering to achieve somewhat good results...I think shimmering is because of anisotropic filtering, increasing it should reduce it. I tested the settings described at the Ultr@Pak site, less stutter with them. Also there is a thread in Technical Help section about setting up nVidia, worth taking a look.

... get new (beta) dll,s

(The link is inoperative)

... in IL2 setup choose right graphic card group ( cos latest dll's comes with new Il2setup ini file ... more options ) ... set your card ( NV panel) so AA and AF override any application setting .

I'm on 185.85 ( Nv9800 GT 512 ) with latest dll's 02272008_core_dll ...

reg
Z

S!

Is the link on first page containing the latest ones of DLL's? Will give them a try..Using 280GTX here.

Ahhhhh...lang me... I forgot to add...

I have used each and every one of those Dll's as part of my testing, but since the 1.1 version none of them make any difference what so ever... Prior to 1.1. onek of them made my graphs perfect...

S!

Tested the latest DLL's and damn how smooth the game became! Will test a bit further, but flying over Sevastopol in Crimea is no longer a stuttering crawl Smile

Have Vista32 and running a 8800GT I've had a horrendous time with the new 185.85 drivers.
(Not just me, check out related driver forums!)
To prevent instability on my rig, Im using the 183.50 driver. I'd gladly roll back for performance sake but other more contemporary programs would suffer. (just finished a US Desert campaign and I did notice some stuttering but it seems to happen when RT chatter goes on so I deactivated it to see..)

Regarding the dll's, isnt there a specific one that was indicated for the 8800 cards? (130308 I think)
that lets you choose the card in the setup it think...

HispanoSuiza Wrote:Have Vista32 and running a 8800GT I've had a horrendous time with the new 185.85 drivers.
(Not just me, check out related driver forums!)
To prevent instability on my rig, Im using the 183.50 driver. I'd gladly roll back for performance sake but other more contemporary programs would suffer. (just finished a US Desert campaign and I did notice some stuttering but it seems to happen when RT chatter goes on so I deactivated it to see..)

Regarding the dll's, isnt there a specific one that was indicated for the 8800 cards? (130308 I think)
that lets you choose the card in the setup it think...

yes 130308 ... that's the ones i'm using ..... i was wrong in my previous post

as for 185.58 goes .... 186 beta is out ... tried them and didn't notice any difference ( regarding IL2)

reg
Z

PapaG39 : same problem here, the Singapoore map is a perfect example, the ones with white beach foam are the worst

I tried everything, nvida drivers, 1c dll's nothing helped...

Core2dou 8600GT @ 1024*768 4xAA 4xAF
current driver 185.85 (also tried 174.74, 175.19, 178.13, 182.something)
dll date: 2008 / 02 /27 (tried the rest too)

Where did you guys get a Dll 130308?
of the 5 dll's only 3 of them have a number to them & the other two just have a beta name & no number assigned to them.

I redownloaded from your link & it was the same one that I already have.

I just tried the 186.08 & they are bad bad bad for il2.

This is starting to wear me down...

can I ask whats your current water setting?

I start to think that you get the "running ants" beach foam effect if:
-new dll's installed
-landgeom=3
-water=1

imho 178.13 is the propher driver for this game, stick with that

hey VP...Howdy...

Yes, I agree with you that the 178.13 are by far the better drivers for my Nvidia 8800GTS 512 card.

With these drivers the aircraft coming at you do not do that "disappear" at at 1.0. I can see them all the way in and I can ususally pick them up far enough out to make a plan.

The ground objects show up at a very realistic distance and I can see them quite well through out the whole attack phase.

Right now I have my water=3, forest=3 & landgrom=3
I have not tried the "1" setting, but am going to try that now just for grinns.

I just tried water=1,2,3 & the same for forest & landgeom & I could see no difference from one setting to another.

I don't know what changed in the 1.1 mod, but some small setting must have been changed because prior to that mod I had perfect graphics on all maps except the Crimea, and even that one was tolerable.

some of the aircraft ( P38 mod or no mod cockpit) are totally unreadable except for max zoom in which you can't very well fly with..

I'm beginning to think that some of lthe Nvidia settings may be in conflict with the in-game setup settings, but I can't prove it...

Actually, I have been going back & forth so much on this for the last 2 weeks that I think I'll just load a simple cod shooter & take a break for a few weeks before I loose whats left of my sanity.

PapaG39 Wrote:Where did you guys get a Dll 130308?
of the 5 dll's only 3 of them have a number to them & the other two just have a beta name & no number assigned to them.

I redownloaded from your link & it was the same one that I already have.

I just tried the 186.08 & they are bad bad bad for il2.

This is starting to wear me down...

if not included in AAA pack .... 130308:

http://mission4today.com/index.php?name ... ls&id=3246

reg
Z

S!

I agree PapaG39, been fiddling with the settings like crazy to get some kind of order to IL-2. But seems it is damn hard to get it right. Only thing that never changes is the size of the Bf109 dot in game, biggest of them all Confusedhock:

Will try these other DLL's Fly_Zo pointed at if they make a difference. I think that the game engine just has it's limits and not much can be changed without finding how the LOD's etc are done for the planes etc..

Thanks for the link fly_zo, but that didn't bring any joy...It actually seemed a bit worse then a couple of the other ones of the 5. (now 6)

I am starting to get saturated with failure to get back to where I was.

I guess I am just going to cringe & live with it. Those white placards in the cockpits that just go crazy with movement really bug me though.

Even the gray runways (concrete) are back to wild, ugly movements until you get close..

I thought it was all things white, but the river in the Slovakia map has no white shoreline & it still has a lot of movement from a far distance & when flying low over it.

I just can not get the correct combination of settings between the conf.ini, il2 setup settings and the Nvidia settings. I'm wondering if the Nvidia settings are even working...

btw...that damn dot on the 109 windshield belongs there, but I wish the guy had never found it because it was much better without the damn thing blocking what little view that there was anyway...lol..