nvidia drivers & maps graphics

S!

PapaG, check out this link " edited by fly_zo" , I used it and got away with many glitches. Still tweaking a bit though...

posting link to that place is against basic AAA rules .... watch it !

Z
AAA staff

S!

I guess my link was not PC Wink Sorry if so Fly_Zo, was not meant to harm anyone or cause bad blood.

Flanker35M Wrote:S!

I guess my link was not PC Wink Sorry if so Fly_Zo, was not meant to harm anyone or cause bad blood.

ok , just no more ....

pretty please with cherry on top

Z

S!

I got the message Smile No worries, will keep in line with rules, was my bad.

It sounds like we may need another tweek to one of those Dll's.

I haven't got a clue even where to start, but I would be willing to do the testing for anyone who has the knowledge/time to just make some minor changes & then send the file to me. I'll do any type of testing that they want.

Ah Ha...
a tweek that I had forgotten all about...

In the il2 game setup under the Video tab I was using the "Custom" settings and forgot (on my computer anyway) that by using the "Nvidia GeForce 6800/6600/FX/4/3" setting I would get better in-game views.

It made just a small amount of difference, but the river on the slovakia map has very little shimmer and the gages on the P38 are almost good in the middle zoom view. The far out zoom is also fair now.

It cut the ants on the crimea map from a 7 to about 3 on a scale of 1-10

Not perfect, but it is very tolerable now.

i think that there is somewhat of a conflict between the in-game custom settings and what you can get out of the Nvidia direct settings...

S!

PapaG39, the magic seems to be that you put the nVidia Global settings to almost all off and with the nHancer profile then create a tweaked setup. Worked for me. I use the new DLL's and they helped me. I also noted that you have card ID = 17. Was that ATI? I use 3 and it helped on shimmering..strange..

Nope. I have the global settings all to the max. It is the il2 in-game setup that I have off.

I use the Nvidia settings instead of the custom settings in the il2 setup.

I'm going to go through those Dll's again & see if I can get back to where I was prior to 1.1...

At least I am starting to make a little headway...lol..

Hi,

I've been struggling with these exact issues for the last few weeks myself (shimmering coastlines especially). Thought I'd share some things that have been helpful on my system.

What follows has been collected from various sources on the web, so I can't claim kudos for them (equally, should my understanding about how they work be wide of the mark I'll pass on the blame for ignorance too)

All I can say is that these changes seem to have really helped on my system after a really frustrating period.

I'm using a GTX260 (182.50 drivers) at 1680x1050 16AA/16AF on full perfect settings + LandGeom=3, 13/03/08 dlls.

Changes I made are listed below (settings listed for nVidia cards. ATI users will require tweaking - sorry)

[Render_OpenGL]
TexQual=3
TexMipFilter=3
TexCompress=0

S!

Thanks for the extra tips Ken Smile Very much appreciated as I have struggled with my 280GTX. I myself use the 186.08 drivers, even they are beta. Seem to work fine with this card Smile Worth a try! I also use the same DLL you have.