The most common loading mistakes?

Hi people!

Yesterday i just finished Kevinp's tutorial with 100% efficiency Smile But today when i tried new skills with bigger piece of land I am getting loading error in FMB all time.

I have checked all file names, size of map_c (dividable by 32), c/h/T are grayscale, no tga alpha channels, no RLE compresion.

Load.ini is the same as that one used for Manam tutorial.

Is there anything else important I forgot to do?

http://rapidshare.de/files/47659320/Ser ... t.zip.html
All files are in very early progress, almost blank Wink

Hi Nitronen,
If you get errors when loading your map press the Shift + Tab keys, this will bring up a lot of text on your screen, look down towards the bottom and you will see lines that start with "INTERNAL ERROR", this will tell you what it's having problems with.

In your Serbia map it tells me that the sizes for map_c & map_h are inappropriate. Check the sizes of your uncompiled map_c and map_h. Your uncompiled map_c should be 4 times the size of map_h.

If you resize your map_h to 1648x1608 it should be a goer (map_c is 6592x6432). Just check map_F as well, I got a rle compression error but that may have been me Smile

Hope this helps

Cheers

Quelty

I didn't find any problems with map_c, but H,T & F were all too big. They should be 1648 x 1608.

Also your ed_m01 & ed_m02 could be bigger. They load alright as they are but if you want more detail
you should make them twice the size, or even four times the size & save them as indexed instead of
RGB to reduce the KB size.

Cheers
Kevin

Thanks for answering people!

That's true, I made H, T and F double sized, lapsus linguae Smile

It works now!