[MOD] vkg_El_Alamein

S, the "fill"-function makes terrain smooth?

beautifull map downloading as i type this Tongue thanks

Friendly_flyer Wrote:S, the "fill"-function makes terrain smooth?

No, it doesn't, fill is a tool to quickly flatten terrain, it does not reduce the friction of terrain so that it is usable as a landing ground. -viking

Baco1170 Wrote:Stunning mate.

But Please dont use Zutis Friction mod, it disables catapults on the Carrier takeoff mod, and for us carrier based squads is a big nono...

Also, you dont need invisible plates to smothen a zone for airbases, just use the fill function on your FMB.. its more work yes but it really makes things easyer havin less mods to depned on for maps...

Airfields are all filled and perfectly flat, but you still need to reduce the terrain friction somehow for them to function as airfields.

My understanding is that ZUTI's MDS mod includes the airfield mod, carrier mod, and AI mod by default all working together without conflict - so you could install that instead of the airfield mod and carrier mod individually. If my understanding is incorrect someone please chime in. cheers - viking

Map looks great! Can't save missions though... I'am puzzeld about the flora and buildings folder... In which 3do folder must they be placed?

Thanks in advance! 8)

DBCooper Wrote:Map looks great! Can't save missions though... I'am puzzeld about the flora and buildings folder... In which 3do folder must they be placed?

Thanks in advance! 8)

You mean to install dlv's Egypt Objects? BTW if they are not installed correctly that's why your map won't save a mission - viking

Many thx

Where is the static ini file located, new to doing this kind of add on work.

Quote:You mean to install dlv's Egypt Objects? BTW if they are not installed correctly that's why your map won't save a mission - viking

Yep, dlv's Egypt Objects... Or the other object mods...

DBCooper Wrote:
Quote:You mean to install dlv's Egypt Objects? BTW if they are not installed correctly that's why your map won't save a mission - viking

Yep, dlv's Egypt Objects... Or the other object mods...

3do is located in mods\std\

static.ini is located in mods\com\maddox\il2\objects\

You may also want to look at this thread for more help with installing objects....

(The link is inoperative)

cheers - viking

Thanks Viking

Well crap, got a mods\static_ac and a mods\std, but no mods\com folder

Talon284, look in mods/std/com/maddox/il2/objects.

viking4570, left out the std entry.

Hey viking4570, thanks for another great map.

all i have there is an air file

Look for : \Il-2 1946\MODS\static_ini (static.ini in this case is a folder... ) Now map will save... 8)