[MOD] vkg_El_Alamein

After many fly over your fantastic map I had an idea that could perhaps be incorporated into your last version.
It would be really mervellous to be able to remove all those horrible zig zag roads and railway that make unlikely the scenery of all the maps. There is a tutorial of Fabianfred link to http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...ght=trains
and a series of Kevinp ideas link to http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...hp?t=16519
That may be useful to creare the first absolutely perfect map in the history of flight-simulators. This is absolutely not a criticism, is just a dream that chases me for years but I am not quite able to achieve.

great looking map -but I cant get it to save

possibly because I cant install the airstrip mod required.
When I try to install this (by either auto or manual), it fails, & says "path not found" - or words to that effect.
Any advice?
thanks

It's not b/c of that - you still would be able to save - it's b/c you do not have an object the map uses installed - you need LAL Rones fortifications and hangar mods, and DLV Egypt objects - the former two are included in the UI1.1.1, the latter you'll need to install yourself. -viking

yes - it was the Egypt mod.
I keep forgetting I removed some mods when I installed the last UI

this a fantastic map - the textures are beautiful.
I was in Libya last year- and you've got the N African desert just right!

felix_the_fat Wrote:yes - it was the Egypt mod.
I keep forgetting I removed some mods when I installed the last UI

this a fantastic map - the textures are beautiful.
I was in Libya last year- and you've got the N African desert just right!

Glad you worked it out 8) and thank you for enjoying my map! Big Grin cheers, viking

viking4570 Wrote:
stanislao Wrote::-? :???: I had no problems running your earlier maps, and now after installing "vkg_El_Alamein" in FMB I find only a light blue page and the notice: World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error What happens? I uninstalled and reinstalled many times the map, Mod fortification LAL, LAL Hangar Mod, Mod DLV Egypt but does not change anything, opening the FMB appear the light blue page. What can have happened?
Thanks for your answer.

Please confirm that the map files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\vkg_El_Alamein\

and the texture files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\_Tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt

and your all.ini has the following entry:

vkg_El_Alamein vkg_El_Alamein/load.ini

___

Same problem, I have all installed, like above. But the result is:" World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error ..."

Any ideas?

MrGoldfinger Wrote:
viking4570 Wrote:
stanislao Wrote::-? :???: I had no problems running your earlier maps, and now after installing "vkg_El_Alamein" in FMB I find only a light blue page and the notice: World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error What happens? I uninstalled and reinstalled many times the map, Mod fortification LAL, LAL Hangar Mod, Mod DLV Egypt but does not change anything, opening the FMB appear the light blue page. What can have happened?
Thanks for your answer.

Please confirm that the map files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\vkg_El_Alamein\

and the texture files are located in

\mods\mapmods\maps\_Tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt

and your all.ini has the following entry:

vkg_El_Alamein vkg_El_Alamein/load.ini

___

Same problem, I have all installed, like above. But the result is:" World land().load Map() error:java.lang.runtimeException: Landscape Vkg Alamein/load.ini loading error ..."

Any ideas?

In the load.ini try changing highclouds = Clouds256.tga_med to highclouds = MTO_Clouds256.tga

There will be two actors and load.ini files included for use with ZUTI's airfield mod or without. Now you'll have a choice! Edit your all.ini as specified in the included readme for which version you want to use.

Other changes from v1.0:

1) Texture paths changed from "_Tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt\" to "_Tex\vkg_textures\vkg_Egypt\"
2) refined bumpH files
3) refined map_c coastline to smooth anomalies
4) airfield textures color adjusted to blend better
5) airfield textures renamed to get rid of trees appearing on airfields
6) water color changed
7) HighClouds changed from "Clouds256.tga_med" to "MTO_Clouds256.tga" which should solve some compatibility issues for those not using vp_media default map upgrade pack. (thanks, VP, for the heads up :wink: )

version 1.2 up:
8) edited QMB mission names to work with both map version (with or without ZUTI's airfield mod)
9) removed Hotchkiss tanks from QMB missions to enhance compatibility

Any missions built using 1.0 should be fine on 1.1.

I suggest you delete the previous version folders \mapmods\maps\_Tex\land\summer\vkg_Egypt\

and \mapmods\maps\vkg_El_Alamein\

and unpack the update in your root Il2 directory.

You can get it here for now, and hopefully we'll be moving it out of the beta section presently, maybe with an installer.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzr0jqotj ... n_v1.2.zip

cheers, viking

viking4570, thanks for a great map and missions.

All the QMBPlus missions work except the Allied Scramble.
It loads to 23%static objects then I get "MissionLoadingFailed:null

Axis scramble loads fine.

I have all 3 mods needed. Any idea what I messed up?

Thanks.

Edit, last map version and new map version = same result.

Forager Wrote:viking4570, thanks for a great map and missions.

All the QMBPlus missions work except the Allied Scramble.
It loads to 23%static objects then I get "MissionLoadingFailed:null

Axis scramble loads fine.

I have all 3 mods needed. Any idea what I messed up?

Thanks.

Edit, last map version and new map version = same result.

That's odd b/c that mission contains no added objects other than what is native to the map - and few other things such as trucks or artillery. There are no other flights other than the player selectable ones -
This is a list of what stationary objects the mission is using -

[NStationary]
Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$Bofors_40mm_UK
Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$Maxime
Static vehicles.stationary.Stationary$StudebeckerTruck
Static vehicles.stationary.Stationary$ZIS6_fuel
Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$HotchkissH35
Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$ValentineII
Static vehicles.stationary.Siren$SirenCity

AFAIK, these are all stock - anyone know differently? Is the Hotchkiss or Valentine not stock? If so, please chime in - Thanks - viking

Static vehicles.artillery.Artillery$HotchkissH35

This isn't a stock object...try deleting it from mission file and then load mission

Thank you chap - that is indeed the case - but I also discovered another issue - In creating two versions of the map, one for ZUTI's airfield mod and one without, all the qmb missions won't load correctly because the map calls in the mission need to be changed also. So - I will update the download accordingly to exclude the Hotchkiss and create versions callable for each of the new versions but am pulling it for now. Thanks for all your help guys, and sorry for the inconvenience. Corrected version should be up tomorrow. cheers --viking

Charlie Chap and viking4570, thanks for taking the time to answer my problem.

I have no clue how the mission builder works, I deleted the Hotchkiss lines and it still would not load.

I am using the version without the ZUTI mod activated

mediafire-link did not run... alternative link, please... :wink:

@Forager - see my post above - I will edit qmb missions to work with the now two versions of the map.

@Goldfinger - link will be updated later today

-viking

EDIT - link now updated - see change log in lead post, and pay attention to the correct entries that need to be made to the air.ini and conf.ini for the version of the map you want to run.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzr0jqotj ... n_v1.2.zip