Question about modeling ground objects

Would it be possible to create ground objects for IL-2 using Google Sketch up?

no on sketchup ,when converted and opened in 3dmax it flips the surfaces normals on somepart and not others ,,,and ,,,,you also have mirror issues that dont like the export to 3dmax format and we all know about the mirror issues and the exporter to il2 from max to il2 Sad sorry

Sketchup objects would be harder to get into the game ,,,and slower ,,,than actually starting afresh in max format .

Thank you for the reply, what about Gmax would that work?

I think 3dsmax & Gmax are the only two programs you can use for creating new objects in IL-2.

If you need more info, it's best to ask in the "MOD Creation Tutorials and Assistance" section. Most of the 3d experts are only interested in building aircraft & probably never look in the Map Mods section.

I have just started teaching myself 3d modelling, so I can't be of much help to you because I am sure I am doing it all very inefficiently. I can say however that getting new objects into the game is not too difficult. What I am finding really hard though is learning to use Gmax, this is a really complicated program.

Cheers
Kevin

Guess I'll be using Gmax, I agree the program is pretty complex