NWE volunteer Lumberjack needed

Hi mates,

I've gone and got it into my head to modernise the default Northwest Europe map. I'd like to update all of the airfields and countryside in a manner similar to Lal Rone's Normandy maps, while maintaining compatability with Dgen and online missions. NWE is not a large map by any means, but it is impossible to load in FMB+ due to the enormous number of tree objects that the original map builder put in there. These days we could get a better result using _Fields.tga's while keeping the fps at a good level.

In order to get the work done, I would like to ask if one of the community geniuses could assist by using the available tools to create an actors.static from the default NWE that has all the "House$FurnitureTreeLine 1" objects removed. Once that is done, I could easily open it in FMB+ and get to work.

I've had a crack at actors editing myself, but sadly I had to admit that what talents I may have are most certainly in other areas. :-?

Applicants don't need to be brawny. They just need the knowhow and tools to go out there and er.... get wood.

Tongue

Bee - email me the actors.static and I can do it

canonuk (at) hotmail.co.uk

Joe

Wow, thanks canon! Email is on it's way... Big Grin

Well, even without the 306285 treegroups the remaining actors is much to big (997 KB) to use it in the mapping fmb and you also will need trees in the citys and villages. Autogenerated trees are not possible there. I recomend my map-tools pack in the tools section including a file splitter and joiner, a programm for editing splittied actors and some more usefull tools. It's easy to use, you just have to make everthing right ;-)

Ah thats a shame. Cry

Never mind I'll try those tools myself and see if I can break it down into useable chunks.