I finally got it to work! Tarawa is now being worked on...

Hi all, I finally decided to start working on my old Tarawa map project, and I've finally figured out the first part of the process- I can get my map to load in the game! I still have a ton of tweaking to do with Map_c, and then more getting the maps f, t, and h to line up, but I have one main question- I really want to use custom textures for at least Betio, and possibly a few other islands, such as the ones used in-game for maps like Midway and Wake Island, where the texture lines up with the outline of the island, and allows a lot more detail to be shown. I made a test texture, but when I applied it in the game, here is what I get-
[Image: tarawa1.jpg]

[Image: tarawa2.jpg]

[Image: tarawa3.jpg]

I want the texture to line up with the island, is there any way to do this besides simply editing the position and scale of the image in the texture and testing it until it lines up?

this would also be extremely helpful with object placement, because I have several maps that show building placement, gun positions, and the like, and I'd like to set them as interim textures to be used as guides when the time comes for placing the objects...

so, as a final note, this map is VERY early WIP, and I doubt I'll be putting as much effort into it as my skins, so it could be a long time before any updates come, but any help as far as the texturing thing would be very appreciated.

*edit- now that I think about it, I really just want to know how to do the texture thing, and then I could just edit the game map, which has most of the hard work already done...