[Request] Peenemunde

With the most recent object packs one would think that a missile/rocket testing base would have been made but no. No offence to anyone, the only reason why I haven't made the map yet is because of faulty software. I just think that it would be cool to have a V1-2 launch site/ facility.

IIRC the base there is also used to test Luftwaffe prototypes. Will be cool to have it

Doesn't Lal_Rone's Objects include a couple of bit to make a V2 launcher?

You do know that Peenemunde was a slave labour camp and thousands died there under Von Brauns nose and besides the political implications , most of it was underground...... :curse:

Yes, but we could recreate those famous & heroic raids which suffered a little over 200 casualties, killed almost the same number of German engineers and three times that number of enslaved forced labourers Confusedhock:

Over a thousand casualties with the vast majority being persecuted civilians who were essentially being killed by their allies.

It kind of brings home how war is not good, doesn't it?

So I say: Go for it!

fabianfred Wrote:Doesn't Lal_Rone's Objects include a couple of bit to make a V2 launcher?

It does indeed.

hero Wrote:You do know that Peenemunde was a slave labour camp and thousands died there under Von Brauns nose and besides the political implications , most of it was underground...... :curse:

Unfortunately, yes.

Good , im not against you making it mate , I just wanted to know if you new the facts about that place before you whent ahead and built it .

Peenem

Maybe mix in a little Helgoland? 8)

hero Wrote:You do know that Peenemunde was a slave labour camp and thousands died there under Von Brauns nose and besides the political implications , most of it was underground...... :curse:

Yes? This is a historical fact like many other things that are modelled here. Just what is exactly your point?

struwwelpeter Wrote:Maybe mix in a little Helgoland? 8)

Both on the map 8) Helgoland is too small to see in this image but it's there. (We'll be needing to revive the 109-T effort for Helgoland) Tongue

[Image: Denmark_WIP_1.jpg]

+1

I'd love to have it for missions.

And...i've always loved saying it "peenemunde" Big Grin 8)

I'm not really buying that. :?

You may not want to hear it but it is very well documented.

Ok guys , debate now over (including myself)BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE.