Invisible radar masts

I'm working on UI 1.1 with no added mods, and neither of the British radar towers show up. They are listed in the FMB Object Viewer, I can place them - the ? symbol shows - but no towers either in the unlocked FMB or in game. Perversely, the transmitter platforms work fine and hang there in the air.

Any ideas?
:cheers:

I've the same problem..

viewtopic.php?t=14699&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Same problem here, without UI 1.1...

Avoir la foi, c'est être plus sûr d'une chose que la raison ne le permet.

It's an odd little bug. You need to place them by putting the visible object which is next to them on the list in the desired position on your map, then scrolling down the object list to switch it to the radar component. Save the mission and fly, you should see it then. That's how I've been working around it. :wink:

Or you could just place AIRFIELD CAMPFIRE (stationary objects) somewhere nearby, this makes then show up, just place a building over the campfire to hide it.

Anyone find a solutin to this - I still have the problem with Cannon's final channel map - I down see any vertical parts of any radar masts.... Any ideas?

This is a bug that has not been fixed. However as ziggy-22 said place a air field camp fire by the object and it will show up.
However what I do is place the Radar Object in first. Then take the Radio Tower and place it in the middle of the Radar tower.
Then I find a big enough building and then place the air field camp fire inside the building. It works fine then.
Here is a screen shot of the Radar tower:
[Image: radartower.th.jpg]

This the work around on this bug, it works.[/img]

Thanks for the update - I guess ill need to start rubbing some sticks together then

Cheers