What textures can you have in your map?

Is it posible to have a red ground, like the place off of the episode 3 in star wars?

Thanks. Smile

Owl 8)

It is possible.
Can we do it?
Yes we can!
Big Grin

Then I'd like to start.

What programs do I need? Big Grin

only a graphic editing program.

I'm not trying to rain in on your parade, but maybe you should create a different forum dedicated to this project of yours? This is a historical forum for hsitrorical mods for the game. Every mod you will find here generally has some form of historical accuracy. There are star wars games out there so why not play those? A spitfire never flew in tantooine and I doubt George Lucas ever intended it to. I don't feel that these mods that your making will benefit this game, and I do find it a bit silly. It almost seems to be getting to the stage when your projects turn into general spam. Also, you are using other people maps to mod onto so have you asked those map-makers if you can do this to their maps? I'm just interested to know Wink

philip.ed Wrote:I'm not trying to rain in on your parade, but maybe you should create a different forum dedicated to this project of yours? This is a historical forum for hsitrorical mods for the game. Every mod you will find here generally has some form of historical accuracy. There are star wars games out there so why not play those? A spitfire never flew in tantooine and I doubt George Lucas ever intended it to. I don't feel that these mods that your making will benefit this game, and I do find it a bit silly. It almost seems to be getting to the stage when your projects turn into general spam. Also, you are using other people maps to mod onto so have you asked those map-makers if you can do this to their maps? I'm just interested to know Wink

I'm only using the game maps.

I don't have any of your guyses maps.

I have several forums I have made already.

Do you want some links?

I'm only using the game maps.

I don't have any of your guyses maps.

You don't know what you miss by not using the new maps, so much variety and great textures, new objects etcetera.

I have several forums I have made already.

Do you want some links?

I think that's exactly what philip.ed meant with your general spam.

And to come back to your initial question: Yes it is possible to have red earth: I already linked you the Mapmaking tutorial by KevinP in another thread. With that tutorial you can make whatever map you want. Just look around in this forum and see the results.

A spitfire never flew in tantooine

Indeed... There is Tatooine, the outter rim desert planet renowned as a haven for smugglers, bounty hunters and criminals of all kind, but also for being the home planet of Anakin Skywalker, and then there is Dantooine, a remote, peaceful planet covered in pastures and populated by settlers living in small farming colonies. There is no 'Tantooine'. At least not in the Jedi Temple's database. Lost a planet have you, master Kenobi ?

Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

VonBarb. Wrote:A spitfire never flew in tantooine

Indeed... There is Tatooine, the outter rim desert planet renowned as a haven for smugglers, bounty hunters and criminals of all kind, but also for being the home planet of Anakin Skywalker, and then there is Dantooine, a remote, peaceful planet covered in pastures and populated by settlers living in small farming colonies. There is no 'Tantooine'. At least not in the Jedi Temple's database. Lost a planet have you, master Kenobi ?

Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

Spelling mistake; sorry :oops:

Oh no, don't be sorry, I'm the one who should be sorry I know that kind of stuff... lol

See, there is historical accuracy even in Star Wars Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

VonBarb. Wrote:Oh no, don't be sorry, I'm the one who should be sorry I know that kind of stuff... lol

See, there is historical accuracy even in Star Wars Big Grin

Cheers

Nico

Big Grin My parent have been to tatooine (well the location) :wink: