[Map request] MIG ALLEY map

Thanks for this map Agracier......
I tried it and made a new Map_F using the colours of the map_F in my Thailand map.
I also changed the ed_m01 and ed_m02 to indexed colour to reduce their size.
I noticed that the rivers all have surf so the colour of the sea needs changing in the map_t.
I tried using my thaimap load.ini but the colours are not really right for korea.

Ty all for your effort

[quote="fabianfred"......
I noticed that the rivers all have surf so the colour of the sea needs changing in the map_t.
.[/quote]

The screenshots were just a quick try-out. And the FMB maps still need a revamp, with new overlays from a satellite imagery site, Yahoo or the Google overlays ... and some flags of course, can't have a map without flags ... ha ha

But I am curious about changing surf in the rivers ... how is that done in map_t?

IIRC the RGB value of the sea shore is 30 for no surf and 31 for surf

I select the sea...then choose the select border as 1 pixel which gives a single pixel band around all the water edges...... change to RGB 30.....unselect ........select the sea again and unselect the rivers the rivers... then do a border again this tiome just having it for the sea coast....change to RGB 31

fabianfred Wrote:IIRC the RGB value of the sea shore is 30 for no surf and 31 for surf

I select the sea...then choose the select border as 1 pixel which gives a single pixel band around all the water edges...... change to RGB 30.....unselect ........select the sea again and unselect the rivers the rivers... then do a border again this tiome just having it for the sea coast....change to RGB 31

Aha ... never knew that RGB 30 is for no surf ... many thanks for this little bit of info.

I'm certain there are a multitude of such things i don't know yet about maps ...

viewtopic.php?t=7530

OK guys, knock yourselves out ... here's a link to the basic map for Mig Alley. It has textures with cultivated fields, rivers without foam, several stock airfields and a nice looking FMB with all the colorful stuff I like to put in.

There are also included, for those who wish to retextureize or try out different textures, both a layered map_t in psd and a load.ini guide, which shows what type of textures were put on what line ... can be helpful for reassigning textures.

So, the map is flyable and even looks nice. The texture choice is of course personal, but they can easily be changed should you wish. There is no woods layer on this map. If necessary I can add one later, but I was under the impression that North Korea was not a very forested country. But correct me if I am wrong.

As said, there are no objects for cities, villages, towns etc, nor do i plan to place any. It is a long drawn out process which does complete a map, but I have no time for that now. Perhaps I may fiddle around with the airfields, which are standard airfields, many with invisible ground plates.

Otherwise, have fun and please feel free to make templates of cities and villages. And should anyone do so, feel free to share them as. They can easily be incorporated into the map afterwards ...

Many thanks to Fabianfred for his info on how to make rivers surf free. They do indeed look much better without.

to install the map place in the typical locations:

...MODS/mapmods/maps/ag_Korea
...MODS/mapmods/maps/_Tex/ag/Korea

and add this line to your all.ini:

ag_Korea ag_Korea/load.ini

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?wywy4mznndd

[img][Image: ag_KoreaFMB.jpg][/img]

Hum....

This would be a nice map to texture. all what i like to see, rivers, moutains, forest...and many moutains :wink: 8)

Is there many people playing with this map?

redko Wrote:Hum....

This would be a nice map to texture. all what i like to see, rivers, moutains, forest...and many moutains :wink: 8)

Feel free to texture or populate or whatever.

I also have another Korea map done in basic form. This time of the Pusan Perimeter, in the south.

[img][Image: Korea-PusanFMBsmall.jpg]

Basically it is the same texture set, but I am not that happy with the cultivated fields ... should you wish to try texturizing this one, just say so ...[/img]

agracier Wrote:
redko Wrote:Hum....

Feel free to texture or populate or whatever.

I also have another Korea map done in basic form. This time of the Pusan Perimeter, in the south.

Basically it is the same texture set, but I am not that happy with the cultivated fields ... should you wish to try texturizing this one, just say so ...[/img]

Ok................................................................let me finish Kyushu and Iwo and i will take a very closer look to this because THIS seems to be very very interresting mate, if you see what I mean ? :wink: Smile :lol: :lol:

I just saw a tv doc about "dogfights in mig alley" and it gave me the will to fly planes of that period which is very interresting. Wait and see....