Heavenly Bodies [DL] beta skins

Bee Wrote:
Checkyersix Wrote:Sorry if this is a bit OT, but has anyone been working on making nights darker? It seems like there's always a corona on one side or a full moon on the other when I play Sad

In the load.ini of any given map, set DECLIN = 1 and that will remove the permanent sunsets. :wink:

Why not set if for all of them???

Will this make everything picth black??

TS

I somehow missed this thread. Those look very nice Fisneaky!

I'll definitely check these out when I get home this evening!

Bee Wrote:Oh boy, this is interesting Smile

I wonder if the water reflections can be made wider too? I was up north in Australia recently and was amazed at the broadness of the dazzle effect when flying over water. The Il-2 effect is like a little shiny blob by comparison.

This is about maximum-

[Image: sunlighting1.gif]

What a cool idea. This looks really good!.

CrazySchmidt. Smile

Looks way better already. Very clever!

I used (rename as "sun.tga") "-GOLDsun.tga" as in download.
Try this with Avalas lighting mod .http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum/...sc&start=0

Can do some normal "daylight" tints with the increased visible alpha.
Using Avalas tweaks.

[Image: pbyLT2.gif]

I have made the image bigger by getting alpha channel smaller, now sun reflection looks wider but also it has more rectangular shape, not round, looks silly on some time and on some maps. It just must be round but that squeezes reflection so much :x

Sorry if this is already clear to most- but in the mod there are a bunch of Moons.

How do I select the one I want?

Thanks again.

Metatron Wrote:Sorry if this is already clear to most- but in the mod there are a bunch of Moons.

How do I select the one I want?

Thanks again.

Either use Fireballs mod (The link is inoperative) or manually backup "moon0017.tga" and copy one of the others, then re-name that to "moon0017.tga" ( As given in the "info.txt") .

Sorry if it wasn't clearer in the info , but there are 28 skins for the moon and and gazillions of maps to test upon, also may be variations with modes of play - I just tried them out in FMB and QMB.

Most maps in QMB+ use 0017 but Desert online uses 0014 (full moon)

Re "-test_moon0017.tga"
this was a lower contrast version. I'd be interested to get some feedback as to whether this looks better than the hi contrast versions in the DL (guess my gpu is middle of the road and I'm kind of undecided - maybe somewhere between the 2? )

I LOVE THE SUN SET!!!! +100000000000000

man, have to try this ! love the reflections on your screens!

how will it looks on a desert map??? Big Grin

just a question: the moon, is there any way to make it bigger? :oops:

JV69_BADA Wrote:just a question: the moon, is there any way to make it bigger? :oops:

I wasn't able to find any mat or msh files for it so I guess not.

Bumpety bump bump bump Wink This is a great little addition to the game, thankyou fisneaky Big Grin