DCG & Dgen with new maps and FMB mods - place to discuss

Ok since there is official map pack mod on its way and there is lots of modded object and FMB stuff in the works i thought that one thread with findings , problems and questions will be usefull.

MAPS: so far i found if there is no extreme elevations near airports (AI landing)and added large forests on maps (vehicles spawn) DCG works just fine.

I'm running with no problems Normandy pack maps and Norway winter so far.

PLEASE post your thoughts, findings and test results in here Big Grin

So Zo, how do you make a stock DCG campaign run with a modded map and not with the original? I have no experience with the DCG stuff or DGEN stuff, maybe it'll be useful for people here which might want to run stock campaigns with new maps.

lowfighter Wrote:So Zo, how do you make a stock DCG campaign run with a modded map and not with the original? I have no experience with the DCG stuff or DGEN stuff, maybe it'll be useful for people here which might want to run stock campaigns with new maps.

... well it is like with any single or static campaign mission:

in directory where DCG is installed : DCG\masters\ > your desired .mis file change line for map- load.ini via notepad.

example for ardennes44.mis:

[MAIN]
MAP Ardennes/sload.ini >>>> change it to xxload.ini of your desired modded map
TIME 12.0
CloudType 0
CloudHeight 1000.0
army 1
playerNum 0

Roger that Zo, I think it's not so much pain just to modify a bit each mission file as it has been generated. Maybe not worth enquiring if there's an automatic way to do that by modifying the dcgen ini-kind-of files (as i was thinking initially).

lowfighter Wrote:Roger that Zo, I think it's not so much pain just to modify a bit each mission file as it has been generated. Maybe not worth enquiring if there's an automatic way to do that by modifying the dcgen ini-kind-of files (as i was thinking initially).

well that is automatic... you modify MASTERS mis file ...not generated missions ... in the same file you can past objects from templates (notepad) as i have with normandy from TNT template.

z

Aha, sorry, I misread, now all is clear to me and hopefully for the DCGEN users :!: Big Grin

BOB map with DCG:

well it seams that maps wich generator uses are implemented in dcg engine so only way is to replace stock normandy2 with BOB

..... i did and so far 6 missions without problems ( RAF -normandy41 campaign)

Z

I know its not map related, but does anyone know how i add new flyables to DCG campaigns. Both Masters and third party campaigns ?
Thanks for any help
Slipper

bump !

...DCG\Data\dgen... planesxx.dat ... add your desired plane

in DCG app under aircraft class settings assign plane as flyable

hope that helps

Z

thanks mate got it

regards

slipper

fly_zo Wrote:BOB map with DCG:

well it seams that maps wich generator uses are implemented in dcg engine so only way is to replace stock normandy2 with BOB

Z
First of all, my first post...hello....loving your work Smile

I'm having the same issue. I'm desperate to get a DCG with the BoB map going.
No amount of editing the masters works
How did you go about replacing the stock Normandy map?

EAF92_Brigstock Wrote:
fly_zo Wrote:BOB map with DCG:

Z
First of all, my first post...hello....loving your work Smile

I'm having the same issue. I'm desperate to get a DCG with the BoB map going.
No amount of editing the masters works
How did you go about replacing the stock Normandy map?

First..... WARNING!!!!

this will change your default normandy map so all stock/static camp./missions that uses it will be unplayable!!!! Same goes for online !

ok ... make backup of your \files\maps\normandy\ files
... copy all files from fly_zo_BOB ( choose only one ...load.ini) to normandy folder
.... rename fly_Z_normX_load ini to load.ini
( same way you can later replace load.ini with other fly_Z_normA,S orW_load.ini if you want season changes )

.... add those lines to your filelist.txt:

maps/normandy/load.ini
maps/normandy/fly_Z_map_T.tga
maps/normandy/fly_Z_map_h.tga
maps/normandy/map_c.tga
maps/normandy/map_c.tga_table
maps/normandy/actors.static
maps/normandy/ed_m01.tga
maps/normandy/ed_m02.tga
maps/normandy/map_F.tga
maps/normandy/texts.txt

.... for "uninstall" just reverse process

good luck
Z

Thank you for the info
and.....
Quote:First..... WARNING!!!!

this will change your default normandy map so all stock/static camp./missions that uses it will be unplayable!!!! Same goes for online !

...noted Smile

EDIT: Works a treat, 4 missions in to a Normandy '41 campaign using VPMedias BoB missions as a template no issues and looks great coming home across the channel Smile
Perfect Big Grin

... yup it works fine for me too , BTW that was my main concern (DCG compatibility ) and that is why i modded map with original airfield instead of blank normandy ( w/o island) .

Z