Planeshine mod (specularity boosted up)

Already sent PM to MrJoly for an installer but till then here it is.

http://rapidshare.com/files/74957528/Av ... d.zip.html

Also mentioned here:
Link Is Inoperative

And this is from ReadMe:

First you must have “sound mod” before this mod.
Be sure to run simulation on OpenGL excellent or perfect settings
Be sure to have following line and with following values in your conf.ini file under OpenGL section
(conf.ini file is in your simulation installation folder which is usually under: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946)

Shadows=2
Specular=2
SpecularLight=2
DiffuseLight=2
DynamicalLights=1
MeshDetail=2
VisibilityDistance=3

Extract or copy-paste content of the planeshine mod into the corresponding folder, which is usually under
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\Files\3DO\plane,

If you are asked do you want to overwrite files say “yes”.
It will not delete anything, just add files and folders. If you are not sure make copy of your “plane” folder just in case.
Content of the filelist copy-paste into your “filelist.txt” file. Which is already in your simulation installation folder.

With this mod planes will appear slightly darker (just for a shade) but more life-like.
Sometimes the effect will be spectacular and sometimes barely seen,
depends on map’s light (sun settings) weather, time of the day,
your simulation quality settings, antialiasing and skins used. But overall effect is good.

[Image: AvPl23.jpg]
[Image: AvPl36.jpg]
[Image: AvPl25.jpg]

I would love to see some screenshot from your machine if you find this mod useful.

Thanks guys Big Grin

Lovely ! Tongue thx ! :wink:

Does it have to be on OpenGL? because i can only use DirectX cause i have a *Caught* CRAP *Cough* ATI card?

Excuese for the noob question....
But how to download from rapidshare???
Everytime when i download something,the .rar file is corrupted,and always is 6kb,and can't be extracted.
So what to do?
I don't have account there.

PLR_Cipher_UK Wrote:Does it have to be on OpenGL? because i can only use DirectX cause i have a *Caught* CRAP *Cough* ATI card?

It can also run on DirectX but looks better on OpenGL, and DirectX cant run in perfect mode.

Which Ati card exactly do you have, Cipher? Maybe the problem is in something else?
It must also run in OpenGL even if it is Ati, unless it is some veeery old one.

I/JG54_Gringo Wrote:Excuese for the noob question....
Everytime when i download something,the .rar file is corrupted,and always is 6kb,and can't be extracted.
So what to do?

As far as I know you don’t need an account to download or upload from rapidshare, I don’t have one.

Just on download page select “free” (down right corner) wait that time that it shows type numbers and download.

But just in every case here is one mirror on mediafire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eymv5ic4tyd

PLR_Cipher_UK Wrote:Does it have to be on OpenGL? because i can only use DirectX cause i have a *Caught* CRAP *Cough* ATI card?

Crap card? :?: :?: :?:

What version? I have a ATI X1650SE card with 512mb and mine plays on Perfect mode easy. You just have to set it to Perfect, for some reason the default for ATI cards is Excellent.

Phillip

Avala Wrote:[quote="I/JG54_Gringo"]Excuese for the noob question....
So what to do?

As far as I know you don

Thx Avala...I'm at work now, but will download it as soon as I get home.

I know you worked hard on this, and I think it will be much appreciated ~S~

Well its a ATI X1300/X1500 256MB for DELL only cant be replaced cause the case is too small thats why i say its crap.

Im looking into a new case...

EDIT: It works fine also thanks alot! Big Grin

EDITx2: Btw at the OpenGL business if I use that i get Lagg cause of the water and the Bright Spit Beaufighter Temp Reticules go all strange.

also i have 2GB and a good rate too.

Much appreciated.. Brilliant!

PLR_Cipher_UK Wrote:Well its a ATI X1300/X1500 256MB for DELL only cant be replaced cause the case is too small thats why i say its crap.

Im looking into a new case...

EDIT: It works fine also thanks alot! Big Grin

EDITx2: Btw at the OpenGL business if I use that i get Lagg cause of the water and the Bright Spit Beaufighter Temp Reticules go all strange.

also i have 2GB and a good rate too.

It's a shame you have to settle for directx. Hopefully you will have an opportunity to correct that come your way soon.

FA_Cheech Wrote:Thx Avala...I'm at work now, but will download it as soon as I get home.

I know you worked hard on this, and I think it will be much appreciated ~S~

Thanks Cheech and guys, I hope you wont be disapointed Big Grin

Cipher,

You tried with OpenGL but with some other water setings? Like:

VideoSetupId=17
Water=1
(or even 0, it affects much on FPS)
Effects=2
ForceShaders3x=1

That’s not a bad card and 2Gb of RAM should be sufficient to play smoothly, maybe bottleneck is somewhere else?

Couldn't resist 8)

[Image: avpl36copyym9.jpg]

Fantastic work Avala! Works perfectly Big Grin