Thread Closed

The Actors.static - History (Read Only)

How to use this tool for opening existing "unopenable" maps like Italy ?

I tried to extract original Actors.static, then renamed all outfiles.txt --> infiles.txt and used create command to make MWactors.static...

I tried to use this MWactors.static to open Italy map with full objects in FMB ... but I still have the same read memory error Sad Sad Sad

Is there a way to do this ? Do we have to change value in Mapsize.txt ?

Delvpier, the idea is: if you rename all out files into in files then use the tool to assemble them you get again the full actors.static which will not load. Instead of this rename only certain out files into infiles, for exampel have infiles only connected with airfields. Then the tool will produce an actors.static containing only the airfields and this will load. There are other ways of doing it like dividing the map into regions and having the outfiles divided into regions then you can assemble the infiles corresponding to one region and it must work. Hm, I'm not very clear here. Suppose you take the outfiles for Itally. From the out containing static objects create 4 files such that file one contains objects with coordinates within northwest quarter of the map. File2:Northest. File 3 Southwest. File4 Confusedouthest. Similar with airfields etc. Then assmble only files which contain "actors" say in northwest quarter. The other qurters will be empty in FMB. Work piecewise on these quarters then at the end do the final assembling of all quarters. Maybe some other ways too...

delvpier Wrote:How to use this tool for opening existing "unopenable" maps like Italy ?

I tried to extract original Actors.static, then renamed all outfiles.txt --> infiles.txt and used create command to make MWactors.static...

I tried to use this MWactors.static to open Italy map with full objects in FMB ... but I still have the same read memory error Sad Sad Sad

delvpier Wrote:How to use this tool for opening existing "unopenable" maps like Italy ?

i believe you have to work on clean (empty) actors.static in FMB and than add it with new tool to original actors.static file .

Make changes on clean one .... run it through tools .... manually add lines to inxx.txt files ( inBridgesReal.txt...inNStationary.txt...) of original actors .

Z

Works that way too! :wink:
Depends on what you want to do, there's stuff like replacing an airfield texture which should work without even opening FMB. Or deleting a certain airfield...I think there are still a couple of more posibilities, didn't think very much about the subject since I'm not doing stuff like this at the moment...

Oups ! not easy to do but clever

Thanks to Lowfighter and Fly_zo for replies Smile

delvpier Wrote:Oups ! not easy to do but clever

Thanks to Lowfighter and Fly_zo for replies Smile

Trust me, it's much easier to use this tool than to make it. And if you ask me hard to use is much better than impossible. :lol:

Delvpier, check the trick FC posted in the other actors thread (using hjsplit), I think that's the way to do it!

Hi every body ...

I work about Normandy and Crimea :

[Image: hocpoi10.jpg]

[Image: 0crime10.jpg]

I need to open actors.static in Map builder. So I can't because I have a error message about memory.

How do you do to subdivide actors.static ? I would like modify Airbase ...

Please, I need HELP !

RONE, I'll try to explain this today alittle bit later.

OK thanks ...
I already have the tools.

I don't know how to do with "out" files.

THX !

Ok I'll try to explain how to work with large actors.static.
Let's take crimea's actors.static and place it in a folder where the actor tools are.
Run "extract". If all is well we have the outfiles like "outbuildings.txt" or "outchiefs.txt" and so on.
Divide one way or another the outbuildings.txt into several files, let's say 3 files are sufficient. FC suggested using the program "hjsplit" for doing that. Lets' say the 3 files are called outbuildings1.txt, outbuildings2.txt, outbuildings3.txt. Create 3 folders, Crimea1 Crimea2 and Crimea3. In crimea1 place outbuildings1.txt and all other outfiles (outchiefs etc). Rename outbuildings1.txt to inbuildings.txt and all other "out" to "in". Run create within crimea1 folder. You'll have as output MWactors.static. Rename actors1.static.
Proceed in a similar way with the other crimea2 and crimea3 folders. At the end you'll have 3 actors static: actors1.static, actors2.static and actors3.static. Copy these actors1 actors2 and actors3 in il2folder/files/maps/crimea. Add the paths in filelist.txt.
Open load.ini for crimea.
Modify such that you have
[static]
actors1.static (instead of actors.static)
Run il2 in map builder mode, open Crimea map. If the objects you need to midify are there do the modifications you need. Save.
If the objects to modify are not there:
open load.ini and modify to:
[static]
actors2.static
Proceed in FMB. If objects to modify are there modify and save. If they are not there:
open load.ini and modify to
[static]
actors3.static. Proceed with modification in FMB and save.

Now you have saved in il2root/maps/Crimea/ 3 actors.static. Copy them and place in the crimea1 and crimea2 and crimea3 folders (actors1.static inside crimea1 folder etc). Run extract in each folder. You'll have output files. Now you'll have to combine these files from the three folders into unique "in" files for example combine the three "outbuildings" into one inbuildings.txt (care with combining the other out files, such that you don't have duplicate objects). Similar with outchiefs etc. Run create will produce the final MWactors.static.

Hm, might be some easier way and sorry for this rather awkward way and possible mistakes in the explanation:mrgreen:

lowfighter Wrote:Ok I'll try to explain how to work with large actors.static....:

many thanks for that m8 ..... very useful Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hello

What is the "

"actor tools"..??

I am very interesting for making historix airfield for map of Guadalcanal

Thanks

Hello Big Grin

May y have this tool please ?

Thanks Tongue

Idem,
may I have a PM please sirs?

Thanks a lot.