Somebody had too much beer last night?

[Image: th_34303_Joker_122_48lo.jpg]

It's time to repaint our houses, old paint chipped and faded, we deserve better. :lol:

FC

...and he strikes again ...... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Graffiti time !!!!!!

Z

That's cool! Big Grin
How did you do it FC? Also, is it a new item in FMB LIST or just the old one? We need to be able adding objects to FMB... And we need lots of talented skinners :!: :wink: That would be a dream Big Grin

lowfighter Wrote:That's cool! Big Grin
How did you do it FC? Also, is it a new item in FMB LIST or just the old one? We need to be able adding objects to FMB... And we need lots of talented skinners :!: :wink: That would be a dream Big Grin

That's an old object but I think that we will be able to clone existing objects and retexture them. What I learned here is that it seems that those tga files that we can't open can be replaced with normal tga that have correct size.

Finding "lines" of object can be a problem but I have idea how to do that.

But even simple retexturing can give us lot of new options especially if you consider that for summer maps winter objects are useless and vice versa.

FC

By cloning objects, do you mean adding new ones using the existing meshes so that the total number of objects increases?

If so, very cool, indeed.

I'd love to see the blast pens changed form their solid green to some made of dirt, others made of coconut palm logs (very common). The solid green should rally be grass. They routinely put dirt on top, and planted grasses which quickly covered them in the tropics. So more like a ground texture green (easy texture map, just random splotchy green).

tater

spud Wrote:By cloning objects, do you mean adding new ones using the existing meshes so that the total number of objects increases?

r

That's what I have in mind and just for you, how about painting one of walls with trees and use at forest edge around bases?

FC

Hellzone tries to add aircraft, see his thread on the WIP forum. Maybe one can try on similar lines and possibly easier for simple static objects (if it's just a matter of skinns)Big Grin

lowfighter Wrote:Hellzone tries to add aircraft, see his thread on the WIP forum. Maybe one can try on similar lines and possibly easier for simple static objects (if it's just a matter of skinns)Big Grin

He is yet to come to a real problem, IMO adding new objects could be simpler but I'll have to talk with somebody, after that things will be more clear.

FC

Bless you, my son.

Pick a building that is just as tall or slightly taller than the layered trees!

Do two copies, one with pine trees for the europe folks, and one with deciduous trees.

If clear textures are possible, perhaps palm trunks in even rows... wow.

Beautiful, ten thumbs up! These are exciting times for il2 Big Grin

FC Wrote:
lowfighter Wrote:Hellzone tries to add aircraft, see his thread on the WIP forum. Maybe one can try on similar lines and possibly easier for simple static objects (if it's just a matter of skinns)Big Grin

He is yet to come to a real problem, IMO adding new objects could be simpler but I'll have to talk with somebody, after that things will be more clear.

FC

This sim is getting better and better Wink

No more beer for you! Smile

Yes, cloning is easy.
1) Just add another entry in com/maddox/il2/objects/static.ini
Code:
[buildings.House$AirdromeBarrackExtra]
Title           Airdrome_Barrack_Extra
MeshLive        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Barrack_Extra/live.sim
MeshDead        3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Barrack_Extra/dead.sim
Body            RockBig
Panzer          0.24
2) Add folder
Code:
3do/Buildings/Airdrome/Barrack_Extra/
3) Copy all files from the original to this folder
4) Make the appropriate entries in the filelist.txt (I'm still doing it the old way)

After strating Il2 I had one more object. In my case, a complete clone.

MiWa Wrote:No more beer for you! Smile

yup .... its time to switch to stronger stuff ... both of you .... you do deserve it !!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Z

Ok, works like a charm, we have our first clone.

[Image: th_65284_Dolly_122_253lo.jpg]

I must see if this can be used with enhanced FMB, I certainly hope it will be ok..

FC

Wow!

Very very cool!

If the tga has an alpha channel, is it transparent?

tater