[MOD] Falklands/Malvinas map ready

Onlly 4.09 since it has objects from that version.I don't know what would happen with 4.08 if teh game would crahs or just no tdisplay the 09 objects...

Genial muchachos , los felicito....!!!!!

Great Job!
Where may we find skins of Argentina air force?

I uploaded all I got regarding Argie skins, here:
(The link is inoperative)

I am working on a P-80 RN skin to try and make it look like a Supermarine Attacker. If soemone would like to MOD it to look better, it woul dbe grate. An P80 with a P51 tail would do I belive...

excellent Smile
You all made a good work

I see there are no trees in the villages, any reason for that? (I'm not familiar with the geography of these islands)

Yeap there are no trees or vilages in Falklands, the total population now 2007 is about 3000 people. No tipo, three Thousand, mostlly in Stanley or San Carlos. Maps from the islands mark populated areas that have over 35 people... SO in a 1:3 scale, and being set in 1946, there are no vilages to model, and its a fact no forests in the islands.

What they did have taht are missing in the map, is individual farms, or posts, but those are just inposible to track without the help of a native form the islands.

Still yes teh map is quite sterile since on the continent theres not mcuh to ssee anyway.

If I finally figure out the tools, I'll try to bring upgrades slowlly, like train stations, and little vilages on the continet and maybe famrs on teh islands. the rpoblem with those is taht Its hard to get infor on todays locatiosn and there is absolutelly no info about 1946 that I haeve found.

Think of it more as a fun unppulated map than as a true historic location Wink.

Roger, thanks for the info!

Am I recognising Stanley and Fox Bay in your pictures?
Well done. I think one of the Brit Cruisers returned to the Falklands after the Battle of the River Plate. How about the Graf Spe escaped and came to attack it...
Gos
Baco
I could probably get you a map for today
I know the area quite well since a visit in 1990. Stayed in Fox Bay West with the one family, There was no-one living in Fox Bay East at the time.

Hey Real, great job!

Anyone have any ideas for missions or a campaign to use this map? It seems like offline users should be able to take a look. Some alternate history would be required. Mormally, I don't like such scenarios but it would be necessary in this case.

I am buisy at work and my in-laws are visiting so i don

Hello.

I'm new to this forum, so let me first off all congratulate you on this beautifull map!
I downloaded it a few days back, and it's beautifull! Big Grin

However, today I tried to get some argentinian skins, but when I clicked on your link, I get a message that the topic I requested doesn't exist. Do you have any links or something where I could get some argentinian skins?

Thanks in advance,

Joppe

Here you have the argie skins>
http://rapidshare.com/files/136541820/S ... s.zip.html

cheers

Thanks!
Downloading now.

Cheers,
Joppe