Me109 All-Holes-Solved Mod with Me109-F4 Mistel

Hi all, Smile

I'm back für einen Großen Schlag! 8)

After my previous Me109-K4 Mod and Antenna Bug Correction,here is the BIG new one.
This time it was necessary to look deeper into the game files,with...Java programming language. 8)

I also analysed what Fucida did for correcting the holes there were in the wings of the Fw190A/Ds. Idea
So,i decided to make the same work for the Me109 familly and here are the results,
using Freddy's cockpits,Hunin's reticles,the 6-DOFv1 by sHr and my clean-cockpit-windows:

Wing holes solved for all Me109s (Including Me109-Z)

For Me109-E4 (wing view)

- Like it was before

As it is after my corrections:

[Image: HolesOUTMe1093.jpg]

Now,for Me109-K4 (wing view)

- Like it was before

[Image: HolesOUTMe1094.jpg]

Still for Me109-K4 (wing view2)

- Like it was before

[Image: HolesOUTMe1095.jpg]

Besides,this mod provides also correction for engine hood for ALL Me109s! Big Grin

For Me109-E4 (front view)

- Like it was before

[Image: HolesOUTMe1091.jpg]

Still for Me109-E4 (high front view2)

- Like it was before

[Image: HolesOUTMe1092.jpg]

Arrow Nevertheless,the front view for the "Beulen" ( Arrow G6,G6_Late and G14) seems to be a little narrower due to the cowl bulges that my mod makes appear...
I dunno if IRL it was like that :?: Confusedhock:
I also had the possibility to completely close the engine hoods,but unfortunately,a part of the exterior canopy appears in the rear of the cockpit.So i made a compromise:
The wings stay perfectly corrected,but the engine hoods stay partly corrected. Idea

And now,let's make place for History...

Me109-F4 Mistel mod

As I said,i opened the java files for the Me109-F4,in which i included the data about the Ju88-Mistel like it was the case for the "Fw190-A8 Mistel".

However,some of you have certainly noticed that the AI couldn't use the fighter "Fw190-A8MSTL" everytime an airstart procedure is necessary like in the QMB,thus the Fw190-A8MSTL fighters were gliding to the ground with the engine stopped... :roll:
I also met this problem when modding the java data for the Me109-F4,but i managed to correct this! Confusedhock: Big Grin

Thus,the Me109-F4 keeps all its characterisitics (i mean the AI can use the Me109-F4 in airstart missions like in the QMB along with the possibility for a player to handle the Ju88-Mistel thanks to my work.Smile)

I also rewrote the mission "ATTACK ON SEELOW BRIDGE" that is ingame by putting the Me109-F4 instead of the Fw190-A8-Mistel.So,when you'll DL my mod you'll be able to try my "Me109-F4 Mistel" right away Idea
The following screenshots have been taken with this "rewritten" mission:

Mistel 1 "Beethoven" starts to rumble
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel1.jpg]

On the way to the target...
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel2.jpg]

Adjusting the aim
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel3.jpg]

Launching the beast...
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel4.jpg]

Kaboom!
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel5.jpg]

'Feel so Ubahhh... Smile
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel6.jpg]

Returning to base safely (with a good fighter intead of this Fw190-brick-A8. :lol: )
[Image: Me109F4-Mistel7.jpg]

Arrow Two La7s downed and many ground targets destroyed.

Me109-F4 FTW! Big Grin

Photos & documents IRL about this fearsome aircraft:

- The Mistel-1 (Me109-F with Ju88) in the KG200

- At Greyfalcon.us

Idea Note Idea

For using or creating a mission with a Ju88-Mistel,you can look a this well-done Website

By the way,some weird and funny things remained with the flying bomb "Ju88-Mistel" itself like its ability to retract and/or opening-out its landing gear on ground (like Lowrider cars lol)
This weird bug was there FROM the beginning of IL2 with the Fw190-A8Mistel. :!: Idea

So,

If you think something is wrong with my "Me109-F4-Mistel" mod,PLEASE make a flight with the Fw190-A8Mistel to compare and verify if all is OK.If not,then come and tell me. Wink

Otherwise,after heavy testings (Dogfights in QMB,FMB,missions with airstart procedures,undercarriage animation with or without a Ju88Mistel attached on the Me109-F4,ejecting,etc...i didn't see something wrong. :!: )

Arrow No DM or FM has been altered.I simply made the Me109-F4 compatible with the Ju88 Mistel.

Although it is possible to make the Mistel-1 "Beethoven" with another Me109 like F2,G2 or G6,
I've chosen the F4 for historical reasons and moreover because it has no loadout possible. Idea
(i.e. If you take a G2/G6/K4 with a Mistel attached,it is still possible to take a SC500 Confusedhock: ...And when dropping all of that,this isn't very pleasant to see :lol: )

Realistic Ejection Procedure for every Me109 :

By default in the game,the ejection procedure consists in seeing a low resolution canopy popping out from the plane with strictly no animation inside the plane,preventing to know if our avatar will *indeed or not* jump…Here are the AHS Mod improvements :
From now on, as soon as the pilot would jump from his Messerschmitt,the ejection procedure will show a double action :
-As usual,the external canopy in low resolution will pop out.
-While the internal canopy in high resolution will disappear in the SAME TIME.

Arrow Example with Me109 Early War equipped with a Classic canopy (here is a Me109-F4)

Just at the moment when the pilot begins his ejection…
[Image: AHS-F4.jpg]

By the way,
Behind the canopy location,a mesh file is already there,with correct textures and colors…The realism is at max.
[Image: AHS-F4-2.jpg]

A last sight towards my bride before getting out from cockpit 8)
[Image: AHS-F4-3.jpg]

"WAZZZZZZzzzzuuuuuuuuuuupPPP!!!!" :lol:
[Image: AHS-F4-4.jpg]

Arrow Example with 109-Late equipped with Erla canopy (here is a Me109-G6/AS)

This time,i had to create a mesh with 3DS Max to hide a hole located in the fuselage by default in the game.
To do so,i modified a TGA file from Freddy’s cockpits mod and added my mesh file support.
Here is the result,when Erla canopy is dropped 8)

Hit the silk!
[Image: AHS-G6AS.jpg]

Undoing my seat-belt...
[Image: AHS-G6AS-2.jpg]

...Then bailing out!
[Image: AHS-G6AS-3.jpg]

This new and much much more realistic ejection procedure DOES NOT alter the ejection time and,as usual,beyond 500 km/h IAS,the pilot will stay prisoner inside cockpit.

Moreover,
I managed to make the new Ejection Procedure of my AHS Mod adapt for the particular case of the Me109-G6 canopy types :
Whatever you choose to fly the Me109-G6 with the Classic canopy or the Erla canopy,the rear cockpit structure will correspond.

Arrow Rear cockpit structure with Erla canopy (cf - Me109-G6/AS screenshot -)
Arrow Rear cockpit structure with Classic canopy (cf - Me109-F4 screenshot -)

Even if you fly with or without Freddy’s cockpits mod. Smile

IMPORTANT:

If your Messerschmitt 109 is riddled with bullet impacts upon all of its cockpit windows then,when ejecting and ONLY when ejecting,the AHS Mod will hide some impacts.Here is why :
This is done in order to prevent this :

Arrow Impacts floating alone :roll:

Indeed,when canopy is dropping down,the windows damages do not follow it !
Thus,i made a compromise between realism and aesthetic.
EVERY other damage type such as oil splatters etc…will stay identical and unchanged,even bullet impacts on all windows IF you DO NOT not eject.None of the FM or DM are modified in the AHS Mod,obviously. Idea

And now,to conclude all that stuff,i propose some goodies:

Me109-G6-Late and G6/AS with K4 refinements

On the last months of the WW II,the Luftwaffe maintained its Warbirds as it could.
During maintenance,some Me109 couldn't get benefit of recent spare parts and was then grounded or...Downgraded. Confusedhock:
But sometimes,some Me109s could get benefit of upgrades if they were at the right place at the right moment.Thus there were some Me109 featuring miscellanous stuff on them,like the famous G6 Wknr 163824. Idea
This Me109 was firstly a G6-Early,then a G6/AS after reparation and finally a G6_Late after a second reparation with missing antenna mast.It is now in an autralian Museum. Smile

Concerning the G6/AS,it was simply a G6 with an DB605AS engine.The G14/AS was made the same way but with MW50 as standard. Idea
However,on some photos and documents concerning the G6/AS and G14/AS built or repaired from October 1944 onwards,some of them got benefit of some of the LateWar stuff provided with the Kurfurst-4. Idea

The Me109-G6_Late and G6/AS with K4 refinements:

[Image: G6_Late_AS_LateWar.jpg]
Arrow Missing antenna mast from the K4

Rear view for both aircrafts with K4 refinements:

[Image: RearViewG6LateWar.jpg]
Arrow Missing antenna mast from the K4 and my cleaned windows with the corrected goniometric antenna for the G6/AS,which is included in this mod.(using Freddy's cockpit)

By the way,as the G6/AS and G6_Late share the same in-cockpit files,the mod will apply automatically to both planes. Idea

Photos & documents IRL about those nice aircrafts:

- The Me109-G6 Wknr 163824 at Messerschmitt Hangar and on the AWM

- The Me109G6/AS of Friedrich Zenk at Messerschmitt Hangar with LateWar features.

- Here a G14/AS in february 1945

[UPDATE - November 3rd, 2010]

Now AHSv2 is *still* on track.
It will be long but...Stay tuned.

Salute,

HITS aka Vike

That is incredible. Clever bastard! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Looking forward to this one very much.

Great job, especially with the Me-109 Mistel!

One question though: Can you clarify what else you did with your Mistel mod? I did not fully understand... :oops:

Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Hunin...du bist ja wahnsinnig !!!

Great Job, mate...well done.

Boah!

Superb!
I waited impatiently for this "hole fix" mod Big Grin
hole fix will become indispensable for our 6dof life

Thanks guys Smile

:!: Download links just added! :!:

don2np Wrote:Superb!
I waited impatiently for this "hole fix" mod Big Grin
hole fix will become indispensable for our 6dof life

Yes,but i'm not totally satisfied with the engine hoods that are only partly corrected when we come close to the windscreen... :?

Anyway,that remains better than before,except maybe for the "Beulen" (G6,G6_Late and G14) that show big bulges now! Confusedhock:

S!

Brilliant :!:

I've got a bug on all late war 109. I haven't the 6dof :

[Image: grab0000jj2.jpg]

I'm thinking if you don't have 6DoF, this mod may not be for you.

Bee Wrote:I'm thinking if you don't have 6DoF, this mod may not be for you.

Nope.

There is just hole, which is now visible. This hole should be visible by 6 DOF too. We had same problem in Fw 190's cockpit, while we made "190_nobar". But I'm not sure, if it could be fixed by late 109, cause there are unique bulges - in area of "inside view".

Why ? The holes are also on original version. I've no problem with the fw190 no bar mod that correct the fw190 wing holes.

THis is a good mod. The only problem I have is a little extra piece of engine cowl sticking
out on the Bf109G10 and K4 models on the right side. I think it may have something to do with the different shape of the cowl.

EnigmuS Wrote:Why ? The holes are also on original version. I've no problem with the fw190 no bar mod that correct the fw190 wing holes.

Fw 190 is a little different. There are no holes now - was visible when we've tried to put pilot's seat "higher".

Those bulges are quite nice to see... I don't know if they are 100%realistic.

For G6 G6Late an G14 there are minor bugs when you approach them... abosolutely tolerable as default they weren't visible at all... I repeat I don't know if they were visible in real life but, they do look mean Smile .

For G10, K4 and K4C the bulges present more visible bug from default head position.

Maybe if you could reduce the clipping distance a bit more for those planes... if that is the setting affecting them.

Overall is an excellent MOD.

Thank You!

Great work.. Thanks for your efforts to get rid of those damn holes!