Mission Mate WIP - Mod Additions. *UPDATE December 11 2009*

Hi everyone, this is where I will post WIP news and update links for Mission Mate +Plus as I progress development with the new maps that are becoming available, as well as any other mods that are applicable.

Map developers, if you would like your maps integrated into MM during the map development stage please let me know and I will endeavor to include them into MM where time permits. Finished maps will of course take priority.

Any questions please post. I will post regular screen shots and WIP links as work progresses.

***UPDATE January 3 2010***

Version 6.0.3 - Ship Pack content added.

Major content of ship pack added to naval properties interface.

Cheers, CrazySchmidt. Smile

***UPDATE December 11 2009***

Hi guys, Mission Mate v6.0.1 is now available here and includes interface support for the UltraPack and HSFX mods as well as the earlier AAA mod file/folder structure.

My personal thanks to Boomer from UltraPack forums for pointing out the file locations to me (heaven only knows how long this may have gone unnoticed in the world of Crazy) . Wink

I hope you enjoy this, I'm certainly enjoying it!!

CrazySchmidt. Smile

***UPDATE July 31 2009***

Bug fix for Mission Mate at times stating that a Malta map template is not supported.

The Malta map MOD installs 3 map variations, standard building object density, medium and high. Mission Mate uses the standard density map file to accommodate low end PC users (I was one until only a couple of month s ago, so I know the pain). In doing so it did not consider the other two when reading template files, this has been corrected.

Even though MM will now accept the other two map variations and the map objects provided via the map template file, MM will still apply the base standard map file when creating the mission while applying all the additional template object data.

I hope that all makes sense? the new Version 5.2.1 now available for download. Select 8_MMPlus2_521.zip

***UPDATE July 24 2009***

This is a full setup file no earlier versions are required!

*NEW RELEASE v5.2*
This release allows user defined aircraft additions into Mission Mate. "No more waiting for development updates to get your favorite aircraft into the mix, just add them yourself." Also user defined AI cockpit mod additions i.e. select your favorite AI flyable mods to include.

MAPS
Also 2 new maps (Darwin and Sakishima) and 3 new map variations (Normandy with British base January and March, Norway winter, and Slovakia winter).

Please Note: Downloads will now be provided in two parts, the program file setup and the help file setup. Please download each as you require.

All comments are welcome.

As always, I hope you enjoy this latest release.

THANKS !!!!! Big Grin

Brilliant. This has made my day.

Is there any possibility to add Finnish Airforce in your Armies List? I know that Finland was one of the Forgotten Battles unlike Pacific and Channel + Eastern Europe theatres :wink:

kapteeni Wrote:Is there any possibility to add Finnish Airforce in your Armies List? I know that Finland was one of the Forgotten Battles unlike Pacific and Channel + Eastern Europe theatres :wink:

Yes there is a possibility and now that I have been asked it is a very good possibility. Big Grin I haven't looked at that part of the code in quite a while so I will take a look and if it isn't too much work I'll have it in for the next WIP release.

Cheers, CS. Smile

Yees! Thanks again. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Hi all !

Please, could you explain me just a little bit more about this tool?
Which is its utility?
Thx

GAE_Chacal

GAE_Chacal Wrote:Hi all !

Please, could you explain me just a little bit more about this tool?
Which is its utility?
Thx

GAE_Chacal
Hi Big Grin

here's a little piece I wrote a year or so ago as user feed back comment on M4T website.

---------------------------------------------------

The outstanding Mission Mate for IL2FB+AEP+PF

This handy little utility was designed to fill the gap between the in game Quick Mission Builder (QMB) and Full Mission Builder (FMB).

Mission Mate (MM) does this so well, that there is no longer a need for the QMB. MM's ability to quickly set up way points is far beyond the template driven style of the QMB, where repetition was the order of the day.

It also has some cool features that make it an essential tool in both the pre and post FMB categories.

One of these features, unique in the world of 3rd party mission editors for the IL2 series, is the ability to custom build fleets of ships with just a few mouse clicks. This alone can totally squash the time it takes to build missions involving naval operation's.

Being a bit of a Fleet Air Arm fan, I find this "fleet feature" so good that I sometimes overlook some of the other really useful stuff, like Mission Mates ability to quickly edit missions you've already built or got elsewhere: change planes, altitudes, load outs, pre-view and change skins with ease. etc., etc.

It's easy to install and currently (v.2.4) only takes up 28.7megs on my drive.

Finally, I find the program easy to use and intuitive for the basic stuff, although to get at the more complex features I recommend having a look at the excellent on-line help.

I gave this one 5 Stars simply because it deserves it Big Grin

Willy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

More info download links and other user feedback along with the one above can be found here http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=...tails&id=8

It's also available in French language version here http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=...ls&id=1042

N.B. Mission Mate has had continued development from the beginning and since I wrote the above piece now includes more cool feature like the ability to use mission templates and already made mission files. Not to mention the latest huge step towards mod compatibility.

thx u so much m8 !

No worries :mrgreen:

Willy Wrote:here's a little piece I wrote a year or so ago as user feed back comment on M4T website.

---------------------------------------------------

The outstanding Mission Mate for IL2FB+AEP+PF

This handy little utility was designed to fill the gap between the in game Quick Mission Builder (QMB) and Full Mission Builder (FMB).

Mission Mate (MM) does this so well, that there is no longer a need for the QMB. MM's ability to quickly set up way points is far beyond the template driven style of the QMB, where repetition was the order of the day.

It also has some cool features that make it an essential tool in both the pre and post FMB categories.

One of these features, unique in the world of 3rd party mission editors for the IL2 series, is the ability to custom build fleets of ships with just a few mouse clicks. This alone can totally squash the time it takes to build missions involving naval operation's.

Being a bit of a Fleet Air Arm fan, I find this "fleet feature" so good that I sometimes overlook some of the other really useful stuff, like Mission Mates ability to quickly edit missions you've already built or got elsewhere: change planes, altitudes, load outs, pre-view and change skins with ease. etc., etc.

It's easy to install and currently (v.2.4) only takes up 28.7megs on my drive.

Finally, I find the program easy to use and intuitive for the basic stuff, although to get at the more complex features I recommend having a look at the excellent on-line help.

I gave this one 5 Stars simply because it deserves it Big Grin

Willy.

Suck up...

Wink Just kidding Smile It's an excellent piece of software and still gets lots of use from me despite also having QMB+

Joe

I think MM will continue to have a place with the IL-2 mods even along side of QMB+ and similar mods that may be developed, mainly I believe, because of the simplified waypoints interface for air and naval activity that the QMB doesn't offer. A lot of people seem to like (as I do) to be able to choose waypoints of their own for a quick mission.

After I had finished the work on the latest official map additions to IL-2, I gave some thought as to what future MM would have with IL-2 and decided that really beyond any new map or aircraft developments, I wouldn't have much more interest in continuing with the project at all.
With the increasing number of quality maps being developed and now also seeing a glimpse of new aircraft slots being developed, taking MM down the mod path quickly became a very interesting proposition for me and I am now very excited to be continuing the project for the mods.

Interesting times indeed.

BTW, I always appreciated that very nice review of MM Willy Big Grin

Cheers, CS. Smile

canonuk Wrote:Suck up...

Wink Just kidding Smile It's an excellent piece of software and still gets lots of use from me despite also having QMB+

Joe
Confusedhock: ..... :mrgreen:

Yes I'm quite into QMB+ these days myself, QMB- in fact Smile But I've been using Mission Mate to set up the templates as often as not and it works out good. Especially for placing fleets and carriers.

@CS, your welcome china, a little bit of positive feedback never hurt anyone :wink:

Progress so far:

Matla:
[Image: Malta.jpg]

Sardegna:
[Image: Sardegna.jpg]

Points mapping and scaling completed, next airbase placements and population. Big Grin

fantastic Big Grin Big Grin

cheers,
Z