Just for fun... Sinai and Canal of Suez

Made it last night...with a lot of fun Big Grin
Not a real map... 3/4 size, not customized, no airports, no cities or objects...

but who knows ? it could be a funny project for some guys to make a "what if" map... after Rommel victory at El Alamein... the last battle behind the canal...

or an Isreali vs Egyptians 1948 or 1956 campaign with jets

Some screenshots :

[Image: Sinai.jpg]

Egyptian Mig over Lake Narmer
[Image: Suez_1.jpg]

Isreali jet over the canal
[Image: Suez_2.jpg]

Sinai at far... I know, skin sucks... made quickly !
[Image: Suez_6.jpg]

Interception of an Arabian Mosquito
[Image: Suez_9.jpg]

And imagine if some talented modder, like Ranwers, could give us those X4 missiles available for all jets... or even for a vehicule, to simulate SAM missiles...

[Image: Suez_10.jpg]

Anyway, I had a lot of fun last night Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This would be a very VERY welcome addition for the "Germany in the Pacific" campaign team Wink

Hell YEAH!

Grate adition, what if

It would be good to have a bit more water to the north and south, allowing for naval battles to take place without having to play outside the map perimeter.

[Image: suez.jpg]

I have been thinking about Israel AF campaign. Please make it ready.
Kapteeni

Needs Pyramids Big Grin

nice map

Fisneaky Wrote:Needs Pyramids Big Grin

nice map

as you wish :

[Image: pyramids_03.jpg]

[Image: pyramids_02.jpg]

Fisneaky Wrote:Needs Pyramids Big Grin

nice map

Retexture the tank blockade object and increase its size.

Zorin Wrote:This would be a very VERY welcome addition

WARNING :

This is not really a project I plane to achieve myself... because of some reasons...

1/ I start a new professional job in three weeks, so I will not have time to do that

2/ I have already one other project, Admiralty Islands, sentimentally important because I dreamed about these islands when I was younger...

3/ It's easy to load a topographic model into the game, tools and informations are here on this forum...but it's not a MAP ! You have to customize this model, with good textures... airfields... placing objects... in order to call this a real Il-2 MAP ! ... And I'm not really talented to do that !
When I see those airfields in the Slot map... I can't do the work like these guys !

So, if some others want to create a team to make this Sinai map... I'm ready to share my files...

Although I would prefer it would be some guys already involved in map making...

Zorin Wrote:It would be good to have a bit more water to the north and south

Well, it is the max size for which I can have a map_c that CMap tool accept and give me newMWmap_c.tga and MWmap_c.tga.table fonctionnal.

For bigger size, ie 1:1, the tool make 1k newMWmap_c.tga ??? even with 1024 or bigger in the dissect command bat

I think there must be a size limitation :?: :?: :?:

I havent got the hang of it, (never atempted to create a Cmap and Cmap_table), but if nobady else wants it, I'll give it my best shot....

I belive this this one to be one of the fundamental What "If" maps.

Lots of post WWII action there.

Has Anybody picked this up?

I would, if I had the time.... Sad

I hope to release it at the end of the week... if I have time enough to finish it....

I made new textures for this map... started from Handy's ones... for terrain but also for city, which was the most difficult for me... and I'm not yet really satisfied... but it won't change anymore !!!

Last to do : populate some cities Port-Suez, Port-Said, Ismailia, El-Arish, Beersheba... work on 2 harbors and 5 airfields... so I hope to do it for Sunday

By the way my favorite football club (soccer) Standard de Li

Confusedhock: Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Great work!