Tree .tga's question

Hi.
I'm trying to resize the .tga file for the 3D trees on the Slovakia Postwar 1955 summer map, but I'm not making any progress. According to the load.ini, "sk_AlteredBush8a.tga" is the name of the file for the 3D trees. Resizing this file makes no difference on the trees appearance though. It's worked on many other maps, just not this one. MODS/Mapmods/Maps/_Tex/Trees/sk_AlteredBush8a, is the file path. Is this right? What am I missing?
Thanks for any assistance.

You've got the right file path.This game never ceases to amaze me, what works on one thing will not work on another.Maybe you have to make it larger than you are now.

Isn't the "sk_AlteredBush8a.tga" file the ground texture UNDER the trees?

Thanks guys for responding. I'm actually trying to make the .tga smaller in size to try and improve FPS a little. I figure the smaller the .tga files the easier it will be for my computer to handle. The Slovakia map I downloaded came with no textures though, just the load.ini, actors.static, ect. So I guess it's using the stock textures??? I've copied and renamed my resized file "AlterBush8a.tga" to "sk_AlteredBush8a" to make it match what was in the Slovakia 1955 load.ini, but this didn't work. In trying to do this I've noticed that there are two types of textures on the Slovakia 3D trees and bushes, but only one texture listed in the load.ini. This seems to be the case with other maps as well. Can anyone explain this? Salmo, I'm not sure what you mean by UNDER? Do you mean the shadows?